[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Gimbal & Servos discussion

Gimbal & Servos discussion

AutoQuad AV/AP settings, gimbal & servo choices

Gimbal & Servos discussion

Postby kinderkram » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:17 pm

Welcome to the new subforum for AP/AV related hardware and code. This is the place for discussions about approved gimbals and servos, outcome from different cameras, how to connect your hardware and how to tune the AQ6 code etc.

So far we've tested a simple and inexpensive 2-axis gimbal from Paul's Flyduino online shop:
http://flyduino.net/2-Axis-GF-Gimbal-V2 ... ng-added_1

Here's a video from Menno's first tests which look very promising:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLSapbk47K0

Another test from Felix with simultaneous use of an onboard camera for reference:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PELIPYDtrE

Info in the Wiki can be found here:
http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/getting-s ... l-settings

Norbert
kinderkram

Re: Gimbal & Servos discussion

Postby levinemax » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:17 pm

Is there some way to separate the min-max PWM for each servo ?
Thanks
levinemax

Postby kinderkram » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:08 pm

You mean like this?

kinderkram

Postby levinemax » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:21 am

Yes ! How :?: :?:
levinemax

Postby joebar.rc » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:42 am

joebar.rc

Postby pairair » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:16 am

I have a Cinestar 2-axis gimbal. I have the servos powered by a separate bec, connected like this:
I was setting this up last night and I had a problem with the roll axis. It would just roll right till it hit a mechanical stop, and jam. I tried reversing the servo by adding a minus sign to the scale value, but that did nothing to solve the problem. It took me half night to realize that I had to reverse the signals from the external potentiometer...

So, I've got it working. Gimbal seems to move to the right angles, and I've got more than enough movement on both axis. The only thing is that it moves painfully slow. If I move the frame, the gimbal doesn't keep up at all. Will that be different in flight?

I should add that I haven't gone through the calibration process yet, just the static part.

Regards,

Pär
pairair

Postby kinderkram » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:28 am

Gimbal scale Pitch & Roll are responsible for the speed to reach the angle:
http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/getting-s ... l-settings

You should do the Calibso first anyway. Your new parameters should be the base for further tuning.
kinderkram

Postby axelnied » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:06 am

Menno and Felix,

I just ordered my Flyduino Gimbal and wanted to get some advice on which SERVOs should I get to yield good results...?
Also any other experience in setting it up (which is not in the Wiki) I hope you could share.

Axel
axelnied

Postby joebar.rc » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:59 pm

Hi Axel,

I did have nice results with a couple of blue bird servo's. BMS620 I believe. Those where analog servo's and not to fast.
But, no jittering :). Just what I had in my left overs and performed quite good.
Better were a couple of futaba heli tail servo's 0.07s digitals, S9253 as I recall, don't believe they can be purchased anymore. Align (savox) DS620 are also very good and fast 0.06s.The futaba's I did use last year..
Now I'm experimenting with savox 1258TG, expensive but incredible fast.
But, savox are known to be very power hungry, no way you can feed them from the AQ and even my 5A bec did shutdown once.
A 10A bec is on its way for those servo's.

Anyway, the fastest analog servo's would be best, no digital jittering, but the next best thing are a couple of heli tail servo's up to the savox or futaba BS $200 a piece versions :)
Just what you need, if you need the absolute direct counter actions you need the fastest you can buy, for profi setup you should consider another gimbal obviously but for the occasional shoot it is a very nice gimbal.

Setup: the standard setup is sufficient for most, but if you need to finetune you can change the scales, the frequency and introduce a simple expo on the roll.
Let's hear what your specific questions are Axel
joebar.rc

Postby JussiH » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:37 pm

JussiH

Next

Return to Camera & Gimbal support