[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Concerned about seriously bad soldering on AQ6

Concerned about seriously bad soldering on AQ6

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Concerned about seriously bad soldering on AQ6

Postby jabram » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:03 pm

The main power connector is only held to the AQ6 board by the 2 pins.

I was thinking of using some glue THEN I noticed that if I move the cable plugged into the connector the pins move !!

There is no solder at all on the 2 pins on one side of the board

On the other side there is a ball of solder on the pin BUT it is NOT soldered to the pad on the board, the ball on the left moves freely if the power lead is moved, the blob on the right seems to be held in place for now by the flux.

All the larger discrete components which appear to be hand soldered all have bad solder joints or cold joints, for example the pins for the SMPS

Assuming I decide to use this board, I will have to remove all the solder blobs, apply flux and solder them properly.
jabram

Re: Concerned about seriously bad soldering on AQ6

Postby jabram » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:47 pm

a few more examples

jabram

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:33 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby jabram » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:08 pm

Hi aBUGSworstnightmare,

I would not use the board without removing all the solder blobs, apply flux and solder them properly.

All of the hand soldered joints are suspect, some worse than others.
jabram

Postby kinderkram » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:20 pm

This is no good work. Thx for the pics!
Will forward them to the manufacturer. Where did you buy your board?
Did you already contact Paul or Jussi?
kinderkram

Postby jabram » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:08 am

Last edited by jabram on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
jabram

Postby JussiH » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:56 am

Hi Jabram.

I am answering this from a gasstation in Switzerland....

That does not look good, I agree. I will pass these photos on to our assembly house. I am also willing to replace your controller when I get home, around the 1st of august. But if you can fix it yourself, pls do. I have noted this, and its of course stil covered by the warranty. :)

One of the pruposes of this beta, is exactly to get feedback on issues like this, and I will make sure its passed on to the assembly house, so they can take greater care in the future.

Thanks

Jussi
JussiH

Postby jabram » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:25 am

jabram

Postby infer66 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:48 am

I have received my board today. Unfortunately the seriously bad soldering is evident all over the board. In my case the Spektrum connector plug moved while soldering making it touch other board parts. Also the power plug has no solder on one side.

Since I cannot repair how can I proceed for a replacement? Board was bought from Viacopter and shipped by Flyduino.

Autoquad bad soldering.jpg
infer66

Postby JussiH » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:14 am

JussiH

Next

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller