[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Build TBS Disco modded to X8 AQ FC and ESC32

Build TBS Disco modded to X8 AQ FC and ESC32

Post your build logs here

Re: Build TBS Disco modded to X8 AQ FC and ESC32

Postby boriss » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:55 pm

Hi guys,

did a quick test with the bird strapped down, giving it a little space to see how it reacts.

I keep on having the feeling that something is wrong with yaw. If i yaw it left it will keep on yawing left even if the stick is back in mid position. I have to counter yaw to have it back to neutral more or less. Is that part of the manual flight mode ?

During a different test i had an eye on the output of the transmitter on the android ground station and the yaw slider goes back to mid position when i let go of the stick !

Seems to take of nicely no problems there !

gonna digg into the logs to see what is happening

Boris
boriss

Postby JussiH » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:25 pm

Thats looking ok enough to take outside and try a first flight, but basically you cant judge much from that test, besides of course verifying that control is working as it should and that sensor outputs are looking good in the log (and that is a good thing to know)

You wont be able to judge the yaw response very well in a tethered test. You are commanding a new heading to happen with the yaw stick and the controller will try to satisfy it until the UKF says "we are there". But since you have the craft tethered, it is not able to get to that new heading and it will continue to try and get there until you cancel it out with the stick again - so what you are seeing there is perfectly normal.

I think that should takeoff just fine - perhaps you can consider to lower Rate and angle D a bit, but I think that craft should fly fine on defaults.
JussiH

Postby boriss » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:33 pm

Okay thanks for clearing that up on the yaw. That was the only thing that scared me. The feeling was strange since i though that the stick back to the middle should cancel out any the try to keep on yawing into one direction. Gonna beg my neighbor to hold it over his head once tomorrow and test the response once more and than I will give it a maiden !

Thanks

Boris
boriss

Postby boriss » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:38 pm

just for looking at it :) The original frame i wanted to stick the AQ on. Maybe after positive results with the test frame i will consider. Although the strengths of the AQ are somewhere different it !

P1020585.JPG
P1020585.JPG (134.59 KiB) Viewed 103826 times

P1020586.JPG
P1020586.JPG (159.06 KiB) Viewed 103826 times
boriss

Postby boriss » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:19 pm

Maiden today with that AQ quad !

Very nice experience. Solid leveling in manual mode very smooth in the air ! Only part was a little nervous on faster straight down descending. Any specific value that can be changed to compensate for that ? I am running though a over powered setup. The QCs even with 12" 11 gram CF props will have a thrust around 1.8 KG and the whole setup it maybe 2 KG don't remember !

One thing was strange though. I was close to take off and at the moment it stopped touching ground throttle/motors went to idle and the bird dropped ! At this point throttle also didn't respond any more only bringing it to zero got the motors to switch off. I must admit though i still have R43 on it ! Is that the typical bug ? The board needed a reboot and thing were working again !

GPS hold and altitude hold were working nicely. Knowing that 43 has the bug of switching off motors i keep it maybe 2 meters of the ground and it was performing nicely.

Gonna switch to 37 now for some further tests and video to come !

Thanks

Boris
boriss

Postby teramax » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:08 pm

plz dont fly to high with r43, better use r37

Had yesterday a freefall from 60m, maybe catch it, thought, but then stepped beside and let it take it´s way to nirvana.
Lucky me, it felt into a bush and nothing was damaged.
Funny thing beside, drop was high enough that some autorotation started and kept rig level while falling :mrgreen:
Last edited by teramax on Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
somehow everything can fly
teramax

Postby boriss » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:12 pm

already at it and switching to r37 :)
boriss

Postby Jdmagoo » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:14 am

How's this going Boris? Very interested to see more vids etc
Jdmagoo

Previous

Return to Build Logs