[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - my quad project

my quad project

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

my quad project

Postby cartti » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:05 pm

Just wanted to show my monstrosity i have been working on. Nearly ready for calibration. Only esc's and battery mounting missing.
Worth mentioning that these are 17 inch props. Just to give perspective about the scale of this thing.
aq.jpg
cartti

Re: my quad project

Postby LPR » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:24 am

Car

Welcome
Your quad is going to just float with those big props. I don't think I have ever seen motor like yours.
Bill has the record for the longest AQ flight, one hour and 20 minuets. With the right batteries you could do better maybe.
I found you really should keep the AQ board in the exact center of the multicopter because you will notice your altitude hold not being the best if it is just a little off center.

Larry
LPR

Postby cartti » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:50 am

Attachments
chart3.png
chart3.png (11.63 KiB) Viewed 12088 times
pic.jpg
cartti

Postby kinderkram » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:17 am

Welcome to the club, cartti!
Can't wait to see that monster cutting through the air. The motors look well engineered and powerful.
I can't remember anyone using 17" CF props on the AQ6 - so this is going to be a novelty.

Norbert
kinderkram

Postby bn999 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:17 pm

Very interesting machine. Do you have a projected flight weight? The motors look like they have very good potential for efficiency. What Kv do they come out to?

I've spent time trying to tune attitude PIDs for a hex with an similar asymmetric, large arm span and found that it is not easy, especially with slow turning props. However, it ended up being the most stable and smooth flying machine I've ever worked on.
bn999

Postby LPR » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:38 pm

We could be looking at a quad that could hang in the air for TWO HOURS using Panasonic 18650B batteries.
I'm very interested in your motors. I can see many benefits and a couple of difficulties using this style of motors.
The AQ autopilot will be a good fit for your copter. They are both one of a kind.

Larry
LPR

Postby boriss » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:18 am

very nice motors. Please keep us updated on them. Probably least important but i really dig the design, beauties !

Boris
boriss

Postby afernan » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:57 am

Congratullations , Cartti. Love this developments like yours. Looking forward your flights.

Image below shows my quad using 16x6.5 inch props (1kg). It flies very smooth but doesn't like at all any wind. I think is too light for this props.
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1356429420152.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1356429420152.jpg (92.42 KiB) Viewed 11875 times
afernan

Postby cartti » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:51 pm

cartti

Postby LPR » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:58 pm

Catti

I have a friend that has a shop that is making a wide variety products and has helped me build my octo frames. One of the many things he builds is BMX bike aluminium wheel hubs with his CNC mills.

http://www.onyxbmx.com/

He used his water jet to cut out the frame centers for the octo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7im1ExXEug

Send me a PM if your interested.

Larry
LPR

Next

Return to AQ Media Showcase