[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Code and dev environment

Code and dev environment

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Re: Code and dev environment

Postby paul_l_curtis » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:19 pm

As Steve Jobs would say, "Just one more thing...."

Although I write CrossStudio, CrossWorks libraries, and so on, I would also say that I like developing my own code too. I suspect none of you are aware that I coded all the software in SolderCore project:

http://www.soldercore.com (Apparently I'm allowed to insert links now!)

To that end, as well as the SolderCore main board, we were very early in the queue for the MPU-6050:

http://soldercore.com/products/sensecore/corempu/

And then, I wrote an attitude and heading reference system and endowed CoreBASIC with quaternions:

http://soldercore.com/manual/corebasic_ahrs_driver.htm

That driver will fuse /any/ accelerometer, gyro, and magnetometer into an AHRS. The CoreMPU has all that, and then I demonstrated the sensor fusion by doing some 3D stuff all on the SolderCore's Cortex-M3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woR53WxH ... r_embedded

This doesn't use the MPU-6050's DMP to do sensor fusion, it's all done by the Cortex-M3. And the 3D calculations. And the drawing.

The next thing to do is get the quad off the ground using my own software. I just love writing software...

So, I do have a common interest which is how I sort of stumbled around here. :-)
paul_l_curtis

Postby srinath » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:15 am

Paul

Suppose you had a fairly large piece of code that you wanted to map out like AQ.
How would you go about it? Would you stick with grep or are there special tools out there that could be used perhaps in combination with crossworks?
srinath

Postby kinderkram » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:23 am

Wow, Paul!

Amazing stuff you're working on. Welcome to the club.
You know ... getting quads off the ground is our domain. ;)

If we can do something for you - just ask for it.
kinderkram

Postby paul_l_curtis » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:24 pm

paul_l_curtis

Postby Shogun » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:00 pm

Hi,

following the instructions in "Developing your own code : a short introduction" to compile the latest revision I get the error:
bad value (cortex-m4) for -mcpu= switch

What do I have to do, how to continue?

Edit: OK, solved, for Cortex-M4 support at least crossworks 2.1 release is necessary.
Shogun

Postby skew » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:51 am

skew

Postby Max » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:47 pm

Thanks for pointing that out! I've been neglecting the Makefile here :oops:

Here's an updated version for latest firmware. New option to set hardware version, auto-increments the build number in buildnum.h (can be disabled), automatic bin file naming based on firmware and board version, and a few other options & changes.

LMK if any issues.

-Max
Attachments
AQ-Makefile-020613.zip
(3.47 KiB) Downloaded 743 times
Max

Postby afernan » Tue May 07, 2013 4:00 pm

@Max:
I´m trying to compile with the makefile in trunk r106. I have the three folders together (mavlink, onboard, STM32). I´ve found two problems:

1.- I can´t find the file "STM32f4.ld", that should be with STM32 folder from CW at location (in my win7):
C:\Users\AFD\AppData\Local\Rowley Associates Limited\CrossWorks for ARM\packages\targets

2.- doing a "make" I found following error (se image attached)
File "1wire.c" I guess is in the right place (under "onboard")

Any idea?
thanks

Angel
Attachments
New Picture.jpg
New Picture.jpg (57.25 KiB) Viewed 14699 times
afernan

Postby Max » Tue May 07, 2013 5:19 pm

Hi Angel,

You don't have the .ld and .s files in the STM32 folder? I thought I got it from the d-load on the German forum... oh I see that file's not up anymore. The contents of the STM32/include I think come from STM (I have some with my discovery board download), but the .ld and .s I think are from Rowley (although I can't find them on my computer in any CW folders). I attached a copy of the original file from the other forum here (with the STM32 folder)... hope it's OK.

The compile error I think means it can't create the Release/obj/ folder (check if that exists), or perhaps it can't find the source folder at all for some reason. 1wire.c is simply the first file it tries to build.

Let me know if you still have issues...

-Max
Attachments
aq-makefile.tgz
(298.79 KiB) Downloaded 757 times
Max

Postby afernan » Tue May 07, 2013 8:25 pm

Hi Max:
thx for your help. Using your files now. I get the following:

"Fatal error: stm32f4xx.h: no such file or directory"

I see in the makefile that the includes path is correct (I think)
INCLUDES = -I. -I./STM32/include etc...

Attached are the files I´m using. I have a CW folder copied under C:\
Attachments
arm-gcc.zip
(924.79 KiB) Downloaded 709 times
afernan

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Firmware