[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - VN-100 Config file.

VN-100 Config file.

Static, Dynamic, Log File Analysis, Troubleshooting

Re: VN-100 Config file.

Postby JussiH » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:36 pm

I am motivated, and I can offer to donate some AQ boards to Vectornav for internal testing purposes..besides that, I can really only offer to do some testing on our side.
JussiH

Postby Kisssys » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:12 pm

I would think it would be worth while to promote a path for a second plug in sensor group if down the line we can no longer source the parts. Vectornav surely has given great thought to this and can either source them or will spend the time to provide a compatible replacement.

What stopped me a long time ago was the fact that although it would plug in and work you would still need to do dynamic calibration to compensate for the ships magnetic effects. I don't mind calibrating for the price of Vectornav board, 4 more connectors and a adapter board to plug it in with.

If it would be plug and play calibration wise then it's a no brainer even if it took a certified airframe and configuration that
would have acceptable magnetics.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby chschmid » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:48 pm

I do not think it will easyly become plug and play unless a standard frame is provided with AQ. Nevertheless I join a "buying group" for enduser testig, especially when I see the support promissed by VN, Bill, Jussi and others. What could be tested is the effect of the multirotor to the calibrated VN. I think it's worth a try.

Bill, you have done tests with VN-100 in the past. What where your conclusions regarding precision and accuracy compared to standard AQ board well calibrated?

Best
Christof
chschmid

Postby bn999 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:46 pm

The VN100 is actually better calibrated then what we can do by hand, especially when it comes to temperature compensation. However, for our purposes there is not enough difference to be really noticeable. To use the VN100, you just need one dance and a few minutes of calculation to get 12 mag parameters to account for the craft's structure.
bn999

Postby funkjan » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:42 pm

Sorry to everybody for reaction delay - as I already nearly gave up to get an answer :)

Thx Emil anyway for sending me the mail of VectorNav and to @chschmid, bn999, JussiH ... - if you think with more feedback from real buying users VectorNav will be more motivated to keep on developing their FW - I would be in too!

because I realy believe in the idea - good flying comes at the end from good sensors - thx Bill!

Try to check here more often now to keep myself updated

Jan
funkjan

Postby funkjan » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:00 pm

@chschmid and everybody

Hey Christof - I am a new user and therefore I'm obviously not allowed to write PM's, what I would have done otherwise to you - to repeat my interest in pushing what's necessary to make the VN-100 a working IMU and I had contact with other guys, who agreed.

If a serious number of units need to be purchased fo that, to get the interest of VectorNav - let's start!
And later I (we) would need Bill's support to know (unfortunately step by step like the rest of the very good documentation) how the VN-100 needs to be integrated in the Autoquad.

I am not sure if the common interest is strong enough, but maybe emil_m (again my PM poblem) could forward me his mail correspondence with VectorNav and we ask them directly about the number of units necessary to make them start?!

Anyway sb. has o take the initiative.

Just realized in post #8 emil_m pasted the mail with VectorNav and the guy (James) sounded very friendly and open - if it's ok for you emil_m? I would copy that (don't have to start at "0" this way) and write James of VectorNav a mail and ask him about their suggestions - and our potential costs :) - try to behave smart, to persuade him that buying a certain number is enough.

feedback and proposals very welcome - also if you think - why? no general interest here!

Jan
funkjan

Postby funkjan » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:05 pm

funkjan

Postby chschmid » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:19 pm

Hi Jan

I am in and I agree to share initial cost. But we should know how many others would support the project and what VN would offer/ask.
You should be able to pm, but its good to have the discussion open.

Best

Christof
chschmid

Postby Kisssys » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:29 pm

Let's say the cost of 10 units that are fully temperature calibrated is $720 US each. Is their enough interest for ten units?
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby funkjan » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:07 pm

funkjan

PreviousNext

Return to Calibration