[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Build TBS Disco modded to X8 AQ FC and ESC32

Build TBS Disco modded to X8 AQ FC and ESC32

Post your build logs here

Re: Build TBS Disco modded to X8 AQ FC and ESC32

Postby boriss » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:16 pm

Marcus many thanks again !!!

not sure yet if i will make it to your place today but i will give you call later.

Boris
boriss

Postby Jessestr » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:18 pm

Didn't follow the thread anymore since I had lot of work to do. How is it going Boris?
Jessestr

Postby boriss » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:29 pm

Teramax Marcus, took care of the static calibration it just didn't work at my place and about 500 meters away at my girlfriends place. I suspect the wiring of the train station tracks, well its actually several tracks the entrance of the old main trains station of vienna that close to the places i tried it at. Only thing i can think off. But one thing is for sure using a anti-stativ bag gave worse results on the mags than without !

Boris
boriss

Postby Jessestr » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:00 pm

Good to hear the statics worked out now. Mine went fine too after the new board (previous board has weird gyro voltages). We will both be in air soon!
Jessestr

Postby boriss » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:44 pm

Hi Guys,

I am back on track to get the AQ in the air. In the meantime i made the decision though to start simple and first I will install the AQ on a Quad. Thus i got a frame from flyduino which i spent the whole day setting up. Got to the stage that i could arm the bird but I have some awkwardness concerning response to the stick input made a little video to explain what is going on maybe one of you can help me on this !

Thanks

Boris
Last edited by boriss on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
boriss

Postby JussiH » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:27 pm

Just to be sure: You did finish calibration and verified the result, and uploaded parameters to the board?

You can not really deduct much from the way the motors run on the ground, you need do a handheld test.. AQ will still have autolevel in "manual" mode, so a better way to verify motor directions is by moving the craft.

In your case you may have a slight level error (or a large one, if the craft is not calibrated), so until the craft senses level, you will see bias in the motors as the attitude controller is trying to correct the error, but has no power (no props) to make it work.

If you have double-checked the motor directions and connections against the mixer table, generated/uploaded/verified calibration data, and made basic setup then you should be ready to make your first hop.

If in doubt you can tie the craft down and make a controlled test like in Mennos PID tuning vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... --fGjodSek
JussiH

Postby boriss » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:15 am

Hi Jussi,

thanks !

I verified with Teramax who is just setting up his second AQ and the reason is like you suspected in your first sentence that I didn't load in the parameters yet. DIdnt know that this plays a role. But the same results with Termax´s setup the inputs don't work on his setup because he didn't finish the calibration steps !

Wanted to test everything before to go sure I can use all the components on it before doing the calibration dance.

Thanks

Boris
boriss

Postby boriss » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:51 pm

Guys having issues with the Xbee connection. It works like in the video but from time to time it just drops the Xbee connection. Anyone experiencing similar ?

Thanks

Boris
boriss

Postby kinderkram » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:22 pm

Looks more like a feature presentation than a bug report to me. :)

I'd rather suspect the BT connection between your tablet and the module. The message indicates that.
If there was a problem between the XBee modules, the BT would stay hooked but functions freeze.

From my experience most OSes and BT don't go together very well. You need several attempts, connections get lost, no data transfer ...
kinderkram

Postby boriss » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:38 am

Yes yes feature report and liking it ! Did it for the guys at multirotorforum to show them there is more than DJI hoverfly etc.

But in this praise attempt the connection Los came along which happens quite often. It's actually the xbee module loosing connection since the RX tx lights on the receiving module go off and the bt connection stays alive.

Boris
boriss

PreviousNext

Return to Build Logs