[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Lost Gimbal port over night

Lost Gimbal port over night

AutoQuad AV/AP settings, gimbal & servo choices

Lost Gimbal port over night

Postby chschmid » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:34 pm

Yesterday I was experimenting with my gimbal. I defined port 7 and 11. Everything working fine.
Tonight pluged the FC to do some more testing. Port M7 is dead. No more PWM signal. When I try to measure and plug the UniTest2 I have a short display of weired values and then just 0.
How can I track that malfunction? How can I loose a M Port over night? Any Ideas. Logs do not help.

Thanks
Christof
chschmid

Re: Lost Gimbal port over night

Postby kinderkram » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:51 pm

Which motor #s do you use? The Wiki says NOT to use ports sharing the motor timers. The example in the Wiki uses #10&14 for the servos:
http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/getting-s ... -settings/
kinderkram

Postby chschmid » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:08 am

I use 1,2,3 and 8,9,10 for the motors, 7&11 for the gimbals.
11 works fine, 7 is dead since tonite, no voltage and no signal on the signal pin. It worked well yesterday. The servos are futaba bl 254 powered with an ext bec. I wonder how i can find out what is wrong.
chschmid

Postby Max » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:06 am

Hi Christof,

Not sure why a port would just "die." Seems unlikely but I suppose anything is possible. But you should not use port 7 if you got a motor on 8 (those share a timer). In the upcoming firmware version sharing a servo timer with motors will be impossible anyway. With your defined motor ports, you'll need to use 11, 12, 13, or 14 (if not using PPM) for servos.

Sorry that doesn't really solve your strange port issue -- you could try defining that as a motor port and see if it still works...

-Max
Max

Postby chschmid » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:44 am

Hi Max

Thanks for your hints. I will change the gimbal to the proposed ports. Nevertheless I need to find out whats wrong with M7. Is it possible that a CPU pin (which pin) has a cold solder?

Best
Christof
chschmid

Postby Teletubbie » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:26 am

Or the pin side on the board has bad connection from all the movements.

No voltage, if you talk about 5V, imo can only be loose pins.

//Frank
Teletubbie

Postby Kisssys » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:19 pm

TIM4_CH3 PIN 61

I think the odds would be static got the port pin when handling, with the soldering at the M7 port in second place.

You need to assign it as a motor output and see if it comes back to life as mentioned. Also it could be at 200 hertz and your tester can't evaluate it properly.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby chschmid » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:16 pm

Gents

Thanks a lot for the wide help and suggestions. I will do the tests proposed.

Best
Christof
chschmid

Return to Camera & Gimbal support