[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Desperately need help analysing log files!!

Desperately need help analysing log files!!

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: Desperately need help analysing log files!!

Postby LPR » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:59 pm

I have the ESC V3s set be powered by the voltage converter that is on the ESC V3s. A 5A, 5V BEC powers the rest of the 5-volt devices on my octo like the X4R Rx, telemetry and LEDs.

Larry
LPR

Postby Patscherpofel » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:34 pm

thanks for the input

so I switched yesterday to an aq6 with 1852 fw, it worked good for 2 long flights
and today I did a test with slightly higher motor outputs on yaw (600, yesterday 500)
I saved thoses changes with a new qgc...not sure if this coud cause problemes
and bamm I had them again after 30 sekonds of flight!
Patscherpofel

Postby LPR » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:40 pm

I'm using Quatos FW on my large quads. Using PID years ago now, I found that the PIDs adjustments for yaw were quite sensitive.

This is a link for how to adjust PIDs.

http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/configuri ... ng-theory/

Having the ESC32 V3 set to freewheeling might not work very well with PID FW.
Last edited by LPR on Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LPR

Postby whizz101 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:54 pm

how big a rigs do you fly with quatos?
whizz101

Postby LPR » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:59 pm

LPR

Postby Patscherpofel » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:18 pm

yes I have to admit that the yaw tuning on autoquad is a bit scary
while roll and tilt stability is more solid to every other flight controller I know, yaw is very sluggish with defaults and I have not found a way to achieve the results I am used to and that I need because my yaw axis on the camera is not stabilized
I have added 3 degrees of motor tilt as a work around
I will test more around this problem , if its a pid issue I would be very concerned to be honest
Patscherpofel

Postby Patscherpofel » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:21 pm

Patscherpofel

Postby LPR » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:09 pm

Here is a video of the M4 quad with Quatos showing how well it can yaw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=666iq_VBYCk

And here I'm just playing with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fTB6Yqfl3w

Larry
LPR

Postby Patscherpofel » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:40 pm

I would rule out the pid for now
I tried to shift them in extrem direction and this didnt cause the jitters

what seams to make a differnce though if I connect the gps or not ( as a reminder the jitters happen in all modes, I mostly fly atti mode thats where I see them mostly)

another thing ...with gps connected I often gent violent yaw coorections at start up (up to 120degreees today, but mostly less), these corrections are very similar to the jitters I see sometimes in flight, same frequency
all this is very random, somtimes you start and have them then you unplug battery and start again and its completely fine
also I think the taoglass antenna causes much more problemes then the cirocom antenna so far

also looking through the logs, its very disturbing how different they look
some flights are super clean , some are full of small spikes in the typical frequency...all this without changes of pid
Patscherpofel

Postby Patscherpofel » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:47 pm

2 screenshots of flights that happend directly after each other
no changes done in between
you can see the spikes in the second one at the beginning very good, and then they stay in there but much weaker

Bildschirmfoto 2016-12-18 um 13.42.30.png

Bildschirmfoto 2016-12-18 um 13.43.41.png
Patscherpofel

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller