[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Desperately need help analysing log files!!

Desperately need help analysing log files!!

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: Desperately need help analysing log files!!

Postby Patscherpofel » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:40 pm

so I am actually still trying to find the cause for the motor jitters
I am now on escv3 with can , and this combination at least doesnt stall the motors if the jitters happen , you can hear them sometimes though

now I set up a new try where the m4 sits far away from all other things on the copter, the mag calibrates fine now
but to my surprise the jitters are much worse again ,and looking through all my latest logs , only one log was fine, it was one without the gimbal turned on

so I did a few tests to isolate the problem and I am very sure it is the sbus connection

I had it allways like this
frysky x4r , inverted sbus mod to m4 ...m4 powers rx
and on the same rx the conventional sbus port to the gimbal, only sbus , no power or ground, gimbal powered separately

have a look at these logs...its night and day as you can see
on with the crazy jitters
Bildschirmfoto 2016-12-08 um 12.57.17.png
/Users/Christoph/Desktop/Bildschirmfoto 2016-12-08 um 12.56.32.png

and on with seperate rx for the gimbal
Bildschirmfoto 2016-12-08 um 12.56.32.png

the channels and rx quality look the same...thats why I never really looked at the rx to be the problem, but somehow the splitted sbus disturbed the m4 very badly
Patscherpofel

Postby chschmid » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:38 pm

chschmid

Postby Patscherpofel » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:46 pm

no I never tried that, but will do for sure
I probably choose a cleaner way to connect all of that stuff and try to keep the rx and m4 simple

its a bit scarry that something like this can affect the motor outputs that much
would there be another way to see these interferences in the logs without having to fly it?
Patscherpofel

Postby Patscherpofel » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:12 pm

bad crash today, after a bit of hovering the quad freaked out by itself in atti mode and crashed

what I changed...
now I had the gimbal rc controls connected to the motor outputs of the m4 , only signal wire connected
I noticed for the first time the gimbal started to tilt randomly, not sure if it was i2c errors or something else coming from the new input

Bildschirmfoto 2016-12-13 um 20.00.41.png
/Users/Christoph/Desktop/Bildschirmfoto 2016-12-13 um 20.00.50.png

Bildschirmfoto 2016-12-13 um 20.00.50.png
Patscherpofel

Postby Patscherpofel » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:15 pm

after a couple of succesful testflight the random motor pulsing happened again
this is now with nothing connected to the m4, so it was not the problem of them gimbal

this is the screengrab of the log
Bildschirmfoto 2016-12-14 um 17.01.19.png
/Users/Christoph/Desktop/motor jitter.mov

and the video to it
https://we.tl/HPtl8bFpiw

its very sad but today is the day I will give up finding the cause to this problem
Patscherpofel

Postby LPR » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:15 am

I read through all your posts again and I see that you said you had 50 minutes of fight with no motor problems when flying with the circomm GPS antenna.

You should try flying with the circomm antenna again is see if you have any motor problems.

Your Taoglass antenna uses a small amount of current and the circomm uses no current.

If the 5 volt supply for the M4 does not have enough current to power both the M4 and the GPS antenna, that could be the reason for the motor control problems.

You could use a different 5 volt power supply that can supply more current to the M4 and see if that works using that Taoglass antenna.

I have three 5 kg quads with large motors and 17" props that fly great so I know the M4 can work. I did not use the N4 with my quads. Your Taoglass antennas might use a little more current the other active GPS antennas.

Larry
LPR

Postby Patscherpofel » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:12 am

thanks for you effort to help me
yes the power supply is definitely something to be considered , also that taoglas antenna

this n4 from viacopter has a max output of 1a, its the 32V version (the 18v version has 1,5A)
I power with 4s currently

right now this powers
m4+n4+bluetooth
can bus port
s-bus telemetry converter
frysky x4r 100mah
active Gps
Patscherpofel

Postby LPR » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:44 pm

I use a 1A power supply for the M4 only. I don't like to risk having any other component cause a flight controller problem.

Larry
LPR

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:31 am

I also have a dedicated DC/DC for the M4 and another one (3A) for ESC32, telemetrie and other things
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby whizz101 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:30 pm

Hi Pat,

Your logs do look identical mine. I never solved these problems with the M4. I tried using the N4 and a custom model i bought from Joerg. Both had the same problem. Everything would be performing great, then 1 in 5 flights just go crazy.

In the end i went back to AQ6 with DIMU, which has been excellent flying on older firmware(r442 from menno i think). I did try with max's latest firmware branch but found some problems so went back to 442.

I do have plans to use the m4 again but this time with esc 32v3 on CAN and quatos. I'm also in the process of buying Joergs Camcruiser which runs of the M4! Hopefully i'll have a better run with it this time!

Good luck...

Tristan
whizz101

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller