[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Can't work ESC32v3 via AQ ECU

Can't work ESC32v3 via AQ ECU

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

Can't work ESC32v3 via AQ ECU

Postby Masa » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:43 am

Hi, all.
Previously, I'm able to connect to the AQ ECU and change RPM with the interface using an FTDI.
But now, It can't work.
Connection with AQ ECU and ESC32v3 seem to be good.
But, motor doesn't work.

When I start calibration, text is displayed as follows.

Setting temporary MAX_CURRENT to 0
Checking ESC status...
Arming...
Starting...
Stabilizing RPM...
Setting DUTY = 4%
ESC reports not running, aborting.
ESC error detected!
Aborting calibration...
Stopping...
Stopped.
Resetting MAX_CURRENT to 1.3

Motor can run another way.
So, motor doesn't brake.

Is ESC32 broken?

Please need your help i do not understand the problem here.
Masa

Re: Can't work ESC32v3 via AQ ECU

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:09 pm

Have you tested via USB as well?
What OS are you using and what kind of USBtoUART converter?
Have to tested used command line tool (by using Putty)? Is the behaviour the same?
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby JussiH » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:47 pm

After the ESC calibration aborts, go into the the console pane and give it a "status" command. Note down the error code and tell us.
JussiH

Postby Masa » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:11 am

Masa

Postby Masa » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:43 am

Attachments
3.png
Picture below is displayed, when I go into the the console pane and give it a "status" command.
2.png
Picture below is displayed, when I do calibration.
1.png
Picture below is displayed, when ESC32 is connected with PC.
Masa

Postby JussiH » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:02 pm

JussiH

Postby Masa » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:23 am

Thank you many times.

I use Hyperion VP Z2209-30 .

As you say, I tried to set MAX_CURRENT at 11.3A, 10.3A, 9.3A ...
But it didn't work.

Could you tell me, if you have other opinion?
Masa

Postby JussiH » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:08 am

I dont have any good ideas what might be wrong then. You could try and increase START_VOLTAGE and START_CURRENT to see if that works.

Also try and increase the minimum duty in the calibration pane. Try 6, 8 or 10%

I dont see a good way to calibrate the motor to Closed Loop RPM for a Variable Pitch propellor - the problem is that as you vary the pitch the motor will experience different load. The Closed Loop RPM mode is intended for fixed pitch propellors. So you probably have to resort to running it in the normal open loop mode.

I see that you are still using FDTI. You really should use the USB instead. Pls try that.

If he motor wont run in open loop mode, then its probably either the motor or the ESC that is faulty. To rule out the ESC beeing faulty, can you try another motor with a fixed propellor and see if that allows to run in normal open loop mode and try to see if you can calibrate voltage to RPM on that motor.
JussiH

Postby Max » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:01 pm

If you have to use a serial (FTDI) connection for calibration, try lowering the Telem. Freq. in steps of 100 (but not lower than 100Hz). Make sure to use a good quality serial to USB adapter with good connection to ESC.

Also you could try running the motor from the Telemetry screen to see how it behaves before trying a full calibration run.

-Max
Max

Postby Masa » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:54 am

I tried all ways you told me, but it don't work.
Motor can move another way, so I think ESC32 has facility.
I 'll buy another ESC.

Thank you for everything.
Masa

Return to ESC32