[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Acro mode! And more...

Acro mode! And more...

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Re: Acro mode! And more...

Postby Patscherpofel » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:09 am

so I installed 1923, put to default pid and reloaded the previous setting...and it also flies all fine, and there is no yaw problem

but I can isolate and reproduce the problem with yaw now...
if I change the yaw rate tau to 0,05 the following happens:
if I let it hover straight for a few seconds and do a yaw input it is fine
but if I do a stronger yaw input ,then let it hover and then do another smooth yaw input straight afterwards it strangely counterattacks and also jumps...so absolutely not according to my stick input which is very slow

so far this is only a problem with different tau settings (yaw and tilt deadband is at 4)
I hope this may help you to find the problem Max
Patscherpofel

Postby Patscherpofel » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:07 am

another problem I am having now is with the minimosd over mavlink I was using before
not sure if itis the new fw now, but I dont get the rssi info and I cannot switch the osd pages through channel 5 anymore
but everything else works fine ...gps, voltage,horizon,flight modes
could this be a change in the fw or should I search the problem somewhere else?
Patscherpofel

Postby Max » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:08 pm

Hi Pat,

Yeah, problem with the minim has been reported before... I "broke" it a while ago when I disabled sending radio channel Mavlink telemetry data by default. This data has to be specifically requested now, but minim can't do that. There's a thread about it somewhere. I guess I need to add an option of enabling that telemetry data on AQ side.

So far unable to recreate the yaw jumping problem, but I'll keep trying. Are you pretty sure this depends on the firmware version? (vs. eg. mechanical/frame issue.)

Also I'm still interested about the control/stability problems/differences you mentioned earlier on. Did you have to re-tune PIDs (Quatos?) for v1923 vs. 1852? If so, what did you need to change? What kind of differences were you seeing?

Thanks,
-Max
Max

Postby Patscherpofel » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:08 am

Patscherpofel

Postby Patscherpofel » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:10 am

Max, any news on the the lua script for the taranis?
I have build the cable now and get some of the parameters to show up
really looking forward to test this more now
Patscherpofel

Postby Patscherpofel » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:47 pm

doing some testing today with camera and a 50mm lens
and I can still see the problem...
left yaw starts pretty directly
right is like this...first id doenst really happen anything sometimes it even goes to the left...then it sudddendly jumps and then goes slower again

not sure if you can see it is this log screenshot...mot_yaw against yaw input channel
it was a bit windy...if I would upload a video of the camera you would clearly see it though

I can see that yaw is not balanced well, (even though I aligned everything with extra care) but this should be a problem right?
it wasnt doing this on the older fw,I will try to set the yaw smooting filter off now and see what will happen

Bildschirmfoto 2016-11-07 um 15.33.20.png
Patscherpofel

Postby afernan » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:34 am

I have also a yaw "rebound" also in all my last build (r1923-Quatos-ESC32V3). It happens in any flight mode. It´s something we haven´t before.

I´ve tryed to tune without success changing yaw speed, yaw filter, etc. It can be reduced if attitude quatos params are reduced, but this will affect to the rest of Pitch/Roll control.

I´ll print some quatos curves to show that effect.

Angel
afernan

Re: AW: Acro mode! And more...

Postby Simson » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:30 am

viewtopic.php?p=37319#p37319

Hi Max,

I would appreciate that , if you could add an option to enable RSSI over MavLink.
You are right, we discussed that a while ago in the MinimOSD Thread together with Adam.

Cheers, Harry
Simson

S-Port Lua scripts

Postby Max » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:54 pm

Finally published my Lua scripts for custom S-Port telemetry: https://github.com/mpaperno/AQ-OTx-Lua

Note I have not tested this with OpenTx 2.1 (only 2.0). I added a layer which will help ease the transition, but it will need some work to get properly set up. If you use 2.1+, please help me document this transition.

The main difference in 2.1 is that all the telemetry field names have changed, and in fact can now be edited by the user. In some cases values that were available previously now have to be "calculated" in OTx telemetry setup.

Check the file in SCRIPTS/MIXES folder called TFlds21x.lua. This holds the mapping of telemetry fields used in the AQ scripts to the names used in OpenTx setup. Many of these are set to OTx 2.1 default values, but some (probably) aren't and some need to be set up specifically ("calculated" fields). Check the comments in the file, it should be fairly obvious what's what.

Also, for Angel... ;) Obviously none of this is tested on Horus. I'm not sure what the display scripts will do... maybe they'll just work, maybe not. The code is fairly modular so it should be relatively easy to get to the telemetry data and "just" create custom display scripts for the Horus. AQTelem.lua is where the data decoding magic happens.

If any questions/difficulties, just ask.

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby Max » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:21 pm

Max

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Firmware