[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - ESC32V3 FIRMWARE *.bin OR SOURCE-CODE

ESC32V3 FIRMWARE *.bin OR SOURCE-CODE

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

ESC32V3 FIRMWARE *.bin OR SOURCE-CODE

Postby dasanmuo » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:00 pm

Hi everyone!!!

In the ESC32v3 wiki: says "Producing a .bin file for flashing via USB (M4 and ESC32 v3)" also says "Select “bin” as Additional Output Format under Linker Options (be sure Project ‘autoquad’ is selected in Project Explorer window!)"... well I built the latest firmware esc32 I could find with CW (*.bin) and flashed into ESC32v3 with the AQ ECU tool without problems but after that I could not make the ESC32v3 work as before. ¿Do you know where I could download the latest firmware *.bin for the ESC32v3 or the source-code that belongs to ESC32v3 to build it again with CW?

many thanks
dasanmuo

Re: ESC32V3 FIRMWARE *.bin OR SOURCE-CODE

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:10 am

ESC32V3 source code is closed source! You need to get in touch with the company where you've purchased them from to get them re-flashed.

ESC32V2 firmware will not work on ESC32V3.

Why did you try to re-flash the firmware?
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby dasanmuo » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:35 am

Thanks for your fast response!

Thats a very good question, I really thought ESC32v3 follows the same "open-source phylosophy" than the previous design ESC32v2 otherwise I would have never bought it, thats why I re-flashed it with the latest firmware available to modify the code and connect it with pixhawk by CANbus as the px4esc are only available since a few weeks ago, ¿If ESC32v3 are closed source I have no other option than the px4esc if I want to get an open-source ESC with CAN interface? Anyway, I will contact the company to get it re-flashed.

many thanks
dasanmuo

Postby JussiH » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:39 pm

Having an open source firmware for V2 resulted in a lot of substandard ESC´s to be released by companies with no respect for the kind of quality that ESC32 was constructed with. When those ESC´s failed due to substandard, faked and reused parts, people came to us and demanded support for them and our sales took a plummet.

So as a consequence, we have decided to keep the firmware for V3 closed source. It is a regrettable but necessary step.
JussiH

Postby HMSG » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:25 pm

Hello everybody and welcome for the first time.

I understand ESC32V3 is not open source anymore. However, I managed to clear the flash on my V3 so the device is now inoperable. Is there original firmware available in form of a *.bin file so I can restore the functionality?

Thanks in advance.
HMSG

Postby JussiH » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:39 am

Im sorry, but you will have to send your ESC to me (Viacopter) or your dealer to have the FW reflashed.
JussiH

Return to ESC32