[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - ESC32 Q&A

ESC32 Q&A

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

Re: ESC32 Q&A

Postby proque » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:43 pm

Any date for new batch of ESC at suppliers? Need to buy six of them.

Best,
proque

Postby Astudillo » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:35 pm

Hi Guy's

I bought some Kde 715 and 12.5" tribade props and doing some calibration om a esc32v3.
There motors are 715kv motors rated at 45amp on 14.8v(666 watts :twisted: )
I'm running my system on 5s so i limited the current to 32A(666w/20.8v).
But when i a calibration the current got rated at 28A.I understand the rpm is based on voltage(kv rating) so the motor will never run more rpm than the voltage that is provided. And of course the mass of the propellers will result in a lower KV.
But as i understand you need (more) current to get to a certain rpm. So if i have some Amps left i could get some higher rpm's, right? With other motors i have tested on the esc32v3 i alway's reach the max current.
So does any one know why this is not the case with this motor?

here is a screenshot of the telemetry data.
Schermafbeelding 2016-03-25 om 16.30.23.png

Cheers,
Ray
Astudillo

Postby Crizz » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:42 pm

Amperage is caused by timing, frequency and the wire and number of motor wirings. RPM is caused by number of wirings (turns), wire diameter, poles , magnetic saturation and voltage. Amperage and Voltage are ambivalent but not linear, higher voltage means higher rpm and lower Amperage, but number of commutations is limitted and magnetic saturation will cause only more power dissipation instead of mechanical power. If you have a good battery with very stable voltage, the current might be lower than maximum current listed in specs - regarding the testing environment. Not everything on a paper is even with real environmental conditions and so there is always a gap between.
Crizz

Postby Astudillo » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:30 am

Ho Crizz,

Thanks for your explanation!

Cheers,
Ray
Astudillo

Postby rput » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:04 pm

Any updates on ESC32 availability?
rput

Postby JussiH » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:01 am

Richard,

there was some logistical problems with getting the new batch completed, that had to be solved.

I am glad to say that all problems are now solved and I expect the V3´s to be on sale from this week - probably thursday or friday. iRC electronics are completing the tests and packaging now.

I am sorry for the delays and I hope that with iRC now producing it, we will see a more steady supply going forward.

Best regards

Jussi
JussiH

Postby cboirum » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:21 pm

Any updates on ESC32 v2 or v3 availability? I've been checking for a few weeks and not seen anything on the 3 distributor's websites.
cboirum

Postby JussiH » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:33 am

I just spoke with iRC and they promised to ship them out to retailers today. As soon as I have them in, I will put them in the shop and make a message here.

Sorry for the delays. iRC had some problems getting parts for the recent batch.
JussiH

Postby JussiH » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:27 pm

Ok....finally. :oops:

ESC32v3 is now available at Viacopter. Limited Quantity :D

https://viacopter.eu/multirotor-shop/es ... pter-store

ESC32v3_Blk.jpg
ESC32v3_Blk.jpg (69.53 KiB) Viewed 24756 times
JussiH

Postby proff » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:30 am

Hi all
I'm engineer for a research lab in paris
I use dayli ESC32 V2 and all is good
on our last prototype due to limited current capacity of V2 we decided to use the V3
all seams ok for us except one important thing
we use it with our own flight controler and use it in CLOSED LOOP RPM mode
normaly we use PWM parameter like these one

PWM_HI_VALUE 9015
PWM_LO_VALUE 15
PWM_MAX_PERIOD 25000
PWM_MAX_VALUE 9100
PWM_MIN_PERIOD 2200
PWM_MIN_START 700
PWM_MIN_VALUE 10
PWM_RPM_SCALE 9000

in order to get a maximum definition on PWM command
except that it looks the new Autoquad Config Utility limit PWM_MAX_VALUE up to 2250µs ??

I tried to break limitation by using CLI bu it looks that CLI on USB port still not aviable on V3 ??

does anyone can answer theses 2 questions that I can manage my flight controler differently ??
thank's for any help
proff

PreviousNext

Return to ESC32