[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AQ Simulator (HILS) info/discussion

AQ Simulator (HILS) info/discussion

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

AQ Simulator (HILS) info/discussion

Postby Max » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:47 am

Attachments
jMAVSim_apr_1_ground.jpg
April 1, 2016
ground-view_290316.jpg
March 29, 2016
Max

Known issue: unstable position hold and other nav functions.

Postby Max » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:29 am

Attachments
orbit-good.JPG
Example of orbit waypoint with good tracking. From same system as the "bad" example but after some system updates.
orbit-good.JPG (24.85 KiB) Viewed 29106 times
orbit-bad.JPG
Example of orbit waypoint with poor tracking.
orbit-bad.JPG (36.38 KiB) Viewed 29106 times
Max

Re: AQ Simulator (HILS) info/discussion

Postby funth1ngs » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:57 am

Hi Max,

can you please upload a waypoint file with an orbit example.

My tests either results in a flyaway or in some strange kind of orbiting with a very large radius of which the orbit waypoint is not the center. I have aqfc-mp-v7.1.1919-hwv8.6-quatos-hils installed.

Cheers,
Heiko
funth1ngs

Postby Max » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:40 am

Hi Heiko,

Maybe Angel can upload his (those are his screenshots)... I'm not having any luck either, it just wants to fly away to somewhere else entirely. I think there's an issue with sending the waypoint data to AQ -- I'm not sure if Angel is using the same QGC version... I'm on 1.7 B3... you? I also need to revert to the published firmware and try that... I've been messing with the nav stuff (as you know). Other mission waypoint types seem to be working though. At least if you're on 1919 then I know it's not something I just broke. :)

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby funth1ngs » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:32 am

Hi Max,

I'm also using 1.7 B3, but as I see from Angels screenshot on github, he's still on 1.7 B2.1.

I'll try that one later.

Cheers,
Heiko
funth1ngs

Postby afernan » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:03 pm

I´m using "aqfc-mp-v7.1.2603-hwv8.3-quatos-hils" (the first Max send me). My PC it´s an INTEL NUC-i5 (intel serie 5), W10-64Bits.

@Heiko, attached a couple of missions (orbit, wp´s) that works well for me.

Short video showing basic use: https://youtu.be/Kj8K6fgZJNw

Angel
Attachments
wp.zip
(524 Bytes) Downloaded 1196 times
Last edited by afernan on Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
afernan

Postby afernan » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:48 pm

@Max:
I´ve verified my USB driver, and it looks it´s the basic Microsoft. It works even thru a USB HUB
Attachments
1.JPG
1.JPG (26.38 KiB) Viewed 29052 times
afernan

Postby Max » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:04 pm

Hi Angel,

First of all, nice video! Nice demo of the basics and a quick mission. I'll have to investigate what happened with the orbit waypoint between your version and the latest ones. Could you try one of the "official" firmware releases from the ? I'm not sure if the difference is in the firmware or QGC... I can't find where it would have broken recently in either of those.

As for the drivers, the attached image shows the hardware-level drivers I'm talking about (or an example from my system, anyway). The dialog is showing the base driver for Intel's USB3 controller, which manages all drivers for the Intel entries seen in the controller list of the screenshot. You can see I also have an entirely separate USB chipset on the same motherboard (ASMeida), one on an Asus USB3.1 PCI card, and a few generic USB2/3 hubs (one in my keyboard, a couple on a media card reader, etc).

The usbser.sys is a generic serial driver and I've peronally yet to encounter any special problems with it. It does get updated with Windows sometimes.

Cheers,
-Max
Attachments
usb-driver-example.gif
usb-driver-example.gif (67.09 KiB) Viewed 29047 times
Max

Postby funth1ngs » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:45 pm

Hi!

@Angel: Thx for the waypoints, orbit is not working here.

I also tested with QGC 1.7 B2.1, still no luck.

It looks like it's something wrong with the firmware.

Cheers,
Heiko
funth1ngs

Postby Max » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:19 pm

The orbit wpt. problem is only with PID attitude controller -- works for me with Quatos in several firmware versions, but not with PID. Trying to track down the problem, not clear at this point which fw. versions are affected.

-Max
Max

Next

Return to AQ Software