[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AQ QGC 1.7 Beta 1 Linux - Building it on Raspberry Pi 3

AQ QGC 1.7 Beta 1 Linux - Building it on Raspberry Pi 3

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

AQ QGC 1.7 Beta 1 Linux - Building it on Raspberry Pi 3

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:15 pm

Attachments
2_2.png
Increas avaalable memory to the GPU
2_2.png (12.45 KiB) Viewed 37680 times
2_1.png
Under ADVANCE select MEMORY-SPLIT
2_1.png (28.91 KiB) Viewed 37680 times
6.png
6.png (13.1 KiB) Viewed 37750 times
5.png
5.png (28.75 KiB) Viewed 37750 times
4.png
4.png (29.66 KiB) Viewed 37750 times
3.png
3.png (29.13 KiB) Viewed 37750 times
2.png
Select autologin (optional)
2.png (19.44 KiB) Viewed 37750 times
1.png
Expand the filesystem
1.png (28.26 KiB) Viewed 37750 times
Last edited by aBUGSworstnightmare on Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:00 pm, edited 8 times in total.
aBUGSworstnightmare

Installing/Configuring QT5

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:49 pm

Attachments
27.png
26.png
Your project is now fully configured. Click the green PLAY button to start the compilation process. -j4 option will bump your CPU load to 100% (all 4 cores active), build should be completed after roughly 15min
25.png
Click on DETAILS and add '-j4' as option for the new make step.
NOTE: Each compilation unit (source to object) is single threaded, but "make" includes a powerful multi-threading system. All you need to do
is tell it how many concurrent jobs to allow using the -j parameter.
One job per core is reasonable - hence -j4
22.png
Click APPLY and OK to finish this
21.png
20.png
19.png
18.png
Click the BROWSE button
17.png
16.png
In COMPILERS TAB click ADD and select GCC from the menu
15.png
14.png
Click on MANAGE KITS
13.png
Change build configuration to RELEASE
11.png
Click PROJECTS
10.png
Click on CONFIGURE PROJECT
9.png
8.png
Open the qgroundcontrol_aq project file
7.png
Open Qt creator
Last edited by aBUGSworstnightmare on Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
aBUGSworstnightmare

Additional steps and first test

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:00 pm

Attachments
35.png
Power cycle the flight controller
33.png
Process should start! --> FISRT GOAL REACHED!
32.png
Select your firmware file, change FC type to M4 USB and click FLASH FIRMWARE
31.png
In case of the bin file you need to copy the content of the 'aq_unix_all' folder
30.png
Mixes folder is fine
29.png
28.png
Copy 'aq' folder to the 'bin' folder of your build location
27-1.png
aBUGSworstnightmare

Re: AQ QGC 1.7 Beta 1 Linux - Building it on Raspberry 3

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:21 pm

Attachments
43.png
Remaining problem with QuatosTool - still unsolved!
42.png
You should be connected to the FC via BT now! You can change settings, parameters etc.
40.png
Add a new communication link - select rfcomm0 and cllick connect
40.png (22.85 KiB) Viewed 37745 times
39.png
39.png (18.49 KiB) Viewed 37745 times
38.png
Your BT module is configured now. You need to assign it to a COM channel next
37_2.png
Click the KEY symbol to create a pairing with the device. It will (usally) ask for a pairing key (i.e. 0000 or 1234).
Input the propper PIN and click Ok
Click on the yellow star symbol to THRUST this device. This will lead the RPi3 to automatically reconnect to the device in case the connection got interrupted.
37_1.png
Click on SEARCH -> your module should show up in the list
aBUGSworstnightmare

Re: AQ QGC 1.7 Beta 1 Linux - Building it on Raspberry Pi 3

Postby JussiH » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:58 pm

Joerg,

Very comprehensive guide. Thanks!

I have a Pi3 is in the mail and I will try this next week, when it gets here.

I was wondering why you went to the trouble of designing your own LVDS expander for the Pi3. I was under the impression that the "Display" connector on the Pi was LVDS?

Have you made a current reading on your Pi3 yet? DS states up to 2.5A at 5V, but I was hoping to get away with a 1.5A recom...
JussiH

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:26 am

Attachments
WP_20160331_15_14_19_Smart.jpg
Running a video using omxplayer
WP_20160331_15_19_44_Smart.jpg
Backlight disconneced; RP3 and display logic part still running
Last edited by aBUGSworstnightmare on Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby pilotnbr1 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:06 pm

Wow you have been busy! Very nice Joerg! I like all the screen shots- will make it so much easier!

A couple thoughts for the wiki:
-after running raspi-config if I make changes it prompts me to reboot so I don't have to go to terminal
-I know I am a minority Linux user but for me to create my Jessie image on an sd card I use the "Disks" utility (so all gui). I "format" (quick or slow), "restore disk image"(write Jessie), and can also make a backup with "create disk image"
-maybe I missed it but you can copy the executable from qgroundcontrol_aq/bin to the desktop
-the alternative for udev rules is terminal "sudo su" then "cd /qgroundcontrol_aq/bin" and "./qgroundcontrol_aq" to run as super user AFAIK

A couple ideas on development:
-setup a service or bash script to start qgc. Possibly even avoiding the overhead of the desktop gui by raspi-config boot to cammnd line
-bash script to start the bluetooth by itself or included with the above script

Awesome job! :D

Luke
pilotnbr1

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:42 pm

Attachments
QGroundcontrol.zip
(356 Bytes) Downloaded 1254 times
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby pilotnbr1 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:52 pm

I don't have any scripts atm but I would post if/when I do... I play with Linux and figure things out with lots of googling but barely have the knowledge and abilty as the rest of you! At the moment, have some time, but life is about to get very busy for me. The least I can do is post a screenshot of Linux Disks utility if thats helpful! Sorry if I am muddying the waters with suggestions. :oops: Thanks again for your efforts!

Luke

Screenshot from 2016-03-31 10-44-06.png
pilotnbr1

Postby pilotnbr1 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:53 pm

Attachments
20160204_172203.jpg
pilotnbr1

Next

Return to AQ Software