[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Binding onboard CYRF with genuine Spektrum DM9 module

Binding onboard CYRF with genuine Spektrum DM9 module

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Binding onboard CYRF with genuine Spektrum DM9 module

Postby r0sewhite » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:55 pm

I just built a genuine Spektrum DSM2 module (DM9, comes in a snap-in case for Futaba radios) into my Jeti DS-14 spare radio, to be able to easily bind and fly copters with an M4. Unfortunately the roll channel acts strange: The signal is jumping (in neutral position) between 0 and -25%, as you can see in the video below. It jumps in any stick position between the desired value and a lower value. The jumping frequency increases as I increase the update frequency so it is at least 50Hz.

I searched the web and this forum and found that it happened to someone else with the same module: .

Any idea if this problem can be fixed? The moduel works fine with any kind of Spektrum receiver. I also tested a normal DSM2 Sat with an AQ6 without problems.

r0sewhite

Re: Binding onboard CYRF with genuine Spektrum DM9 module

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:06 am

Hi Tilman,

is this a DSM2 only or can you switch it to DSMX as well? And: what revision of M4 are you using? In case of M4r5 - which uses a Deltang receiver - you can only bind in DSM 22ms mode (at least I could never bind with my DX8 and DX10 other than in DSM 22 to my M4r5); on the M4r6 you can use DSM and DSMX (Cypress chip on the M4r6).

Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby r0sewhite » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:27 am

Hi Jörg,

the module is DSM2 only with 9 channels but only 8 channels are working. The M4 I have tried are M4r6 with CYRF onboard. I still have an old M4r5 with Deltang and will try this tonight.
r0sewhite

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:26 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby r0sewhite » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:00 pm

r0sewhite

Postby Max » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:10 pm

FWIW, my cheap Orange DSM module can handle up to 11 channels from my Taranis. Works with M4 v2 and r5.

Random channel values usually means AQ is getting a signal but it's not the signal/protocol it is expecting. In other words it can't decode the stream properly. There is no way to check if Spektrum serial stream is real or not, no checksums or anything useful like that. I've seen it try to decode a PPM stream, for example (not very well, obviously!).

-Max
Max

Postby r0sewhite » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:30 pm

Thank you, Max. That makes me believe I should find another main reason why I've built a DSM2 module into one of my Jeti radios. :(
r0sewhite

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller