[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AQ QGC 1.7 Beta 3 release for Win, OS X, & Linux

AQ QGC 1.7 Beta 3 release for Win, OS X, & Linux

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Re: AQ QGC 1.7 Beta 1 release for Win, OS X, & Linux

Postby JussiH » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:41 pm

Joerg, Max

I find this very interesting. I hope Joerg will write a small howto for the Wiki on this topic. I would really like to make a combined FPV screen and RPI Groundstation, so I like what I am seeing here.

Great work!

Jussi
JussiH

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:02 pm

Attachments
2016-03-22-154630_1280x800_scrot.png
Restart and connected by bluetooth.
2016-03-22-154250_1280x800_scrot.png
Flashing of new FW finished
2016-03-22-154228_1280x800_scrot.png
FW flashing in progress; sorry been too slow! That's why the terminal is still there (this are real screenshots made by using 'scrot')
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby pilotnbr1 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:17 pm

For display within my Headplay (diy) enclosure I run this 7 inch monitor off my RPI 2 hdmi with video feed in coming off my usb network card (wifibroadcast) -

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017GA ... ge_o09_s00

Image is great, my only complaint is that it overheats easily and then powers down. I am actually contemplating a small fan to keep the board cool :s

Do you guys know if the autoquad fork of QGC supports the image and video streaming protocols?
http://qgroundcontrol.org/mavlink/image ... n_protocol
EDIT- I do see if I right click on the hud i can enable live streaming... so the option at least appears there

Looks like ffmpeg.. For me using wifibroadcast I would try to pump in gstreamer, but I like the hud fpv concept as its described in the main QGC fork.

Luke
pilotnbr1

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:01 pm

Looks like I've managed to compile with Text-to-Speech support successfully.

Will have to test with a craft connected and report back.

Has anybody tested videostreaming in QGC alreday? Is it only possible to stream from an IP or can I also stream from a device (USB frame grabber)?
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Max » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:22 pm

Good job Joerg. Maybe we put you in charge of the Linux builds from now on. :)

I'm not sure the video streaming (behind HUD) in QGC ever worked, and I'm pretty sure it won't work now. I've never really played with it myself. There's an option Peter added at one point to build with VLC media player support embedded, but I've never gotten it to work myself and it is not included in the standard builds (the VLC library files are double the size of the complete QGC distro... I'm sure there's a more efficient option to play media).

Qt5 multimedia capabilities are much improved over Qt4 and I would imagine it shouldn't be difficult to add the video underlay functionality back into QGC (since the "stubs" are already there). Or just a new video player widget. I'd welcome any contributions! For me personally it's not a requirement... The QGC widgets can always be displayed on their own (outside of main QGC window), eg. surrounding a video player window or whatever. The embedded option really makes sense if you want to overlay other data on it (like HUD), or interact with the camera via Mavlink, or something like that.

As for sending images over Mavlink (or, worse, video), I just don't see how that would work very well... except maybe in certain limited circumstances or with very high bandwidth available (like Ethernet or good WiFi). The delay would be long, and the error checking is minimal which could easily distort images. The rest of the telemetry stream would suffer badly -- there's no way to prioritize messages/packets in Mavlink.

I think something with high bandwidth requirements like this pretty much needs it's own data stream (own radio or shared over a proper network). And even over a relatively fast connection like USB, the Mavlink protocol simply has too much overhead to make it very practical for this (I've pushed the limits with an AQ M4, and they're fairly low). Heck, even, for example, browsing a collection of images on a thumbdrive over USB2 is pretty slow and annoying... only USB3 makes it really practical. Imagine doing that over a 115K baud serial radio stream?

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:43 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:17 am

Just wanted to let you know that there are several issues with my QGC running on Raspbian>
1.) preconfigured mixers are not available; nothing happens when licking the dropdown
2.) Can't load Quatos XML files
2016-03-24-182431_1280x800_scrot.png

2016-03-24-182453_1280x800_scrot.png

Chaning parametrs and flashing new firmware works.
Major problem is the freezing of the system which might be related to Raspbian. That's why I started a new approch today
2016-03-25-093942_1280x800_scrot.png
ubuntu mate on RPi3
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby afernan » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:12 pm

@Joerg: very nice project!. I´ll follow your progress.

@Max: i´ve been testing the new QGC1.7-Beta1. using next-1887 .
All working great in general. Some small bugs:
- in main page, battery show correct voltage, but always show 100% green line (see image for an empty 4S)
- Tap-Go don´t work. I mean, right clicking in "Map view" page don´t works for me. (of course I´m using a fw that implements it, as I did before, working well with Android).

For all the rest, it works very fine. I like how to read WP´s in real time. Should be nice to have a "deffault" WP params (same as in Android). Thanks again for your work.

Angel
Attachments
1.JPG
1.JPG (31.32 KiB) Viewed 18642 times
afernan

Postby Max » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:13 am

Joerg, I think you need to copy some files from source tree into to the QGC running folder. Specifically the "aq" folder with the mix files and images, and the appropriate "bin" files for the OS. The bin folder has quatosTool in it, needed to run XML conversion. The installer script usually takes care of that for you, but maybe it had an error or didn't run properly.

Angel, thanks for the update. What do you have for the battery settings in QGC? The % graph is dependent on those settings (either actual voltages or reading the %age sent from AQ). The "Go to" in QGC is not the same as "follow me" in current Android app/firmware. This hasn't been implemented yet in any published firmware.

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:58 am

2016-03-24-184013_1024x768_scrot.png
predefined mixers working

Hi Max, copying the aq folder to my build-release folder solved the problem with the predefined mixers.

2016-03-24-183934_500x224_scrot.png
quatostool can still not run
2016-03-24-183934_500x224_scrot.png (12.89 KiB) Viewed 18625 times

Quatos tool is still not functional though (tested with the example .xml and one of my own files)

Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Software