[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Quadcopter want to flip when fast throttle up

Quadcopter want to flip when fast throttle up

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Quadcopter want to flip when fast throttle up

Postby brat002 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:15 pm

I did start tunning my new quadopter with 15'' blades, T-motor MN4006 motors, KISS 30a and M4 board.
When fast throttle stick up - quadcopter wants to flip with strange clipping sound from motors.
I attached log and parameters file. Take a look at last part of log.
004-AQL.LOG
(4.45 MiB) Downloaded 779 times

Parameters:
PARAMS.txt
(14.9 KiB) Downloaded 783 times

Monsters photo:
20160130_211210.jpg
brat002

Re: Quadcopter want to flip when fast throttle up

Postby brat002 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:16 pm

GPS antenna is not connected.
brat002

Postby LPR » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:18 pm

You might want to use a higher Quotos Max out value. Big copter like bigger bigger numbers for Quotos max out. I would start with 8 and look at the Quotos log on the SD card.

You AM 1 and 2 look high.

Larry
LPR

Postby brat002 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:38 pm

I dont use quatos for this frame. Just PID controller.
brat002

Postby LPR » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:45 pm

If it flies well most of the time I would guess it was the calibration of the Kiss ESCs.

Does it tilt to the same motor every time you give it a lot of throttle.

Larry
LPR

Postby brat002 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:38 pm

The problem is not related to ESC calibration. Looks, like AQ cant stabilize frame on fast throttle up (not to end of stick range). I.e. when frame fast descends and I want to decrease descent speed AQ flips frame with strange clipping sound.
brat002

Postby LPR » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:57 pm

Looking at you log tells me your having a lot of problems with your motor control and that is giving you vibrations that are causing the M4 to lose control.
You need to find PID settings that reduces the over control of the motor's throttle.
I haven't played with PID settings on that large of frame controlled with an M4 and for the most part, I've used Quatos.

My guess is that reducing P, D and F should give you better looking motor control.

Try something like CTRL_TLT_ANG_P 260 down to at low as 150

and CTRL_TLT_ANG_D 5000 down to at low as 4000

and CTRL_TLT_ANG_F 0.25 down to at low as .15

Change one setting at a time just a little and look at the motor and ACC logs. Well, that's what I would do.

My large 4.5 kg quad that uses the M4 flies very well but I've not tried PID control on it.

Larry
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 7.32.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 7.31.54 AM.png
Last edited by LPR on Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LPR

Postby brat002 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:20 pm

I use mennos firmware, that supports quatos with kiss esc. Maybe this problems related to firmware? How to check for quatos or pid enabled?
brat002

Postby LPR » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:44 pm

I see you have PID control because you do not have a license number for Quotos FW in your parameter file.

Do you have braking enabled on the KISS ESCs?

Larry
LPR

Postby brat002 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:13 pm

Maybe. I is not configurable parameter, as I know.
Now I am waiting for spare bearings. One motor was crashed previously.
brat002

Next

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller