[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - HEXA H7 - Retractable Legs

HEXA H7 - Retractable Legs

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

HEXA H7 - Retractable Legs

Postby afernan » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:29 pm

I want to show here my new build based in all my previous experiences. I call H7 (my 7th Hexa)

It includes a retractable leg system based in standard servos and some design work. All elememtal parts are 3DPrinted (in standard PLA) using a PRUSA i3.

Using a high stiff frame to minimize vibrations (< 0.5m/s2). This improves A LOT AQ performaces.
Retractable Legs are driven by two (good quality) servos and controlled by a simple Teensy 3.2 code.

Equipment and fw used listed below. Short demo Video here: https://youtu.be/_65N3U7F9sI

Equipment
AQ 6.1 DIMU QUATOS
ESC32 V2 (fw: 2.1.0.6185 )
AQ Fw: v7.1.1858 with WP recording, FolowMe and Tap´n´Go
TMotor 3110/17 + 1240 props.
AUW = 2.2 Kg with 5000mA, 4S
Attachments
IMG_20160116_101741.jpg
DSC_0072a.JPG
DSC_0028a.JPG
DSC_0016a.JPG
1.JPG
afernan

Re: HEXA H7 - Retractable Legs

Postby Astudillo » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:11 pm

Hey this is the machine from the param file :lol: Great work Angel!
Astudillo

Postby Max » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:08 am

Nice build Angel. I always like the look of your machines, very sturdy looking and everything tucked away neatly. I'm a little concerned about the servo horn/gears on a hard landing though... I destroyed an under-slung camera once because the landing gear couldn't handle the unexpected "landing." :( Or is there a safety for that?

Anyway, looks great, congrats! :)

-Max
Max

Postby afernan » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:30 am

@Max:
like any other flying machine (big or small) landing is a critical load case. A retractable landing system is always weaker than a fix one, obviously. So double care must be taken when landing and... that´s it!.
But in fact this is not so weak !. I´ve landed (automatic) at more than 1m/s perfectly.
I´ve choose a hi quality servo: Graupner DES 658 full metallic gear, 2x ball bearing in the axis and 6Ncmm torque (45€ each!). I´ve also modified the electronic to get >180º angle.
Main thing is not lo apply any moment to the servo when activated. This is guaranteed by design.
Last edited by afernan on Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
afernan

Postby kinderkram » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:36 am

Cool machine, Angel!
What is the flight time with a 5000 lipo?
kinderkram

Postby afernan » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:55 pm

@Norbert:
About 20min.
But I´m changeing to a LIPO 5000mA, 5S battery instead and maybe to 13-4.5 TMotor props. I hope to reach the 30min.

BTW, as you may know i´ve been using LiOn (instead of LiPo) batteries 6000mA, 4S but I´m going back to LiPo standard (30C+) for a number of reasons (too expensive, never got the full 6000mA, max load dropped below 4500mA, etc)

Angel
afernan

Postby afernan » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:01 pm

This is a video demo about WP recording.

@Norbert the system don´t let me do a separated post on "WP recording" so soon wrt this one. Why?

Enjoy
Angel
afernan

Postby kinderkram » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:16 pm

Thx for the video, Angel!

You need to create a Wiki page and submit it to the menu. Just create a page and I will do the rest.
But why not just post on the existing page?
kinderkram

Postby chschmid » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:40 pm

Hi Angel

What a wonderful machine. Congrats. It flies like a charme.
Did you ever use it with the mission planner and guided mode? I wonder how she would perform.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby afernan » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:15 am

Hi Christoff: not yet. It´s in my TODO list.
Today I´m testing 5S batteries (with new ESC32 calibrations and motor curves)
Tomorrow, I´ll test the new fw aqv7.1.1871 and just after I´ll test the Mission Planner.

For your information, camera onboard is a Foxeer Legend1 (1080P 60Hz, 100g, 89$). Very good camera!.(http://www.surveilzone.com/Foxeer-Legen ... ens-g-1435). It´s attached directly to the frame without any gimbal/damper.

BTW, I can´t find the xml database for ESC calibrations. I can feed in with new values.
I´ve just tested again the motor curve with 5S (instear 4S) to get AM1, AM2. Theoretically should be quite the same AM1, AM2 values for 4S or 5S; they´re similar, but not the same.
4S was tested with ESC32V3 and
5S with ESC32V2
¿maybe some rmp calcullation discrepancy?
Attachments
2.PNG
2.PNG (101.46 KiB) Viewed 22969 times
1.PNG
1.PNG (19.13 KiB) Viewed 22970 times
afernan

Next

Return to AQ Media Showcase