[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Autoquad M4 meets NYLON-quad (RCTimer Spider)

Autoquad M4 meets NYLON-quad (RCTimer Spider)

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

Re: Autoquad M4 meets NYLON-quad (RCTimer Spider)

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:30 am

Attachments
CIMG1776.jpg
Back in business!
CIMG1774.jpg
2x M3x10mm screws + spring lock washers and a carbon pressure plate should hold the prop in place now
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby LPR » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:13 pm

Joerg

If you can think of a way to mess up control in a mission I've tried it. Try setting a mission with 50 m/s at a high altitude like 70 meters and then go to PH. With Quatos you will have the quad go as fast as it can while it holds the altitude that's set in your mission. Switching to PH was not a problem, the quad stopped just like it would at a WP in a mission.

For me when using default Nav setting and flying over 8 m/s I always get some overshoot. The strange thing is that a longer mission leg, like a leg over 200 meters, the amount of WP overshoot decreases to almost none depending on the wind.

Oh oh I just thought of another way to crash. Make a mission with a path that is slanted down 45 degrees and see how fast you can get a quad moving and then switch to PH!!!

The one move that would make the big quad flip while in RTH was, just as it's starting to slow for the home point give full throttle up. Increasing Quatos_max_out stopped the flipping.

In manual flight mode I've had the quad descend at 10 m/s and it did not wobble.

It looks like your quad is now ready to find the control limits. Have fun

Larry
LPR

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:57 pm

Made some adjustments on the parameters and now I'm fine with the result on 4S+T9545. Will now change to CFK 11x3.7@3S.
Here is the latest video, some data from the related log and the parameter set in use:

PARAMS_spider_QUATOS_20150912.txt
Latest parameter file as used in the video
(15.02 KiB) Downloaded 1193 times

GPS.JPG
GPS reception quality was pretty bad! Will have to check what is looks on the CamCruiser (made some flights with that craft too on the same location that day); maybe the GPS antenna connection is bad

vibs.JPG
Well, vibration level is still high, but judge by yourself. From my POV the flight performance of the craft is quite good

outputs.JPG
Motor output vs throttle and radio channel 0. O.K. CTRL_FACT_THRO is still off ... but fine for now ;o). Decent control on the CANed ESC32V3 without clipping --> job done!
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby LPR » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:41 pm

Joerg

You like speed but no high speed missions. I've done some at 30 m/s. Your quad probably will not go that fast. Quatos holds the altitude and will have your quad go as fast as it can without loosing altitude. I worked for me but I tested it first at 50 m altitude just in case it did not work. My quad only went 88 km/hr.

Larry
LPR

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:59 am

Hi Larry,
as mentioned in the video: mission parameters still default :oops:
Simply due to the fact that I use this was for 'Stick input only' flying missions :lol:
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:08 am

I've changed the Motors to T-Motor MN2213-12 950kV in the meantime, using the T-Motor 11x3.7in CFK Props.

Here are all the related calibration parameters, thrust measurement values for the motor+prop combinations used on this craft so far.

Motors used:
T-Motor AIRGEAR350 920kV- http://www.rctigermotor.com/html/2014/C ... 0/279.html
T-Motor MN2213-12 950kV - http://www.rctigermotor.com/html/2015/C ... 2/302.html

NOTE: 3DR IRIS 950kV Motor is an un-labeled MN2213-12! Only difference between 'original' T-Motor is the cable length: 10cm on MN2213-12, 40cm on 3DR IRIS.
mn2212-iris.jpg
Comparision pic: MN2213-12 (left) and 3DR IRIS (right). Note different cable lengths

Vergleich MN2213-12_AIR2213.jpg
Thrust comparison chart for AIRGEAR350 and MN2213-12. Props used were T9545 and T-Motor CFK11x3.7in. Click/download chart to see the legend in the upper right corner!

T-Motor AIR2213.zip
ESC32V3 calibration parameters and thrust measurement data for AIRGEAR350 - AIR2213 with T9545 and CFK 11x3.7in
(261.69 KiB) Downloaded 1156 times

T-Motor MN2213-12.zip
ESC32V3 calibration parameters and thrust measurement data for MN2213-12 with T9545 and CFK 11x3.7in
(353.59 KiB) Downloaded 1161 times

CIMG1883.jpg
Current setup of the Spider: MN2213-12 motors with CFK 11x3.7in props ans Multistar 5200mAh 3S Lipo. AUW for this config is 1.300g

CIMG1884.jpg
Details shot of the motor

rctspider_M4CAN_MKII_0r3_multistar_skids.pdf
Latest Quatos -XML file visualization for this craft: T-Motor MN2213-12 and Multistar 5200mAh 3S 10C
(31.41 KiB) Downloaded 1244 times

rctspider_M4CAN_MKII_0r3_multistar_skids.xml
Latest Quatos -XML file for this craft: T-Motor MN2213-12 and Multistar 5200mAh 3S 10C
(18.08 KiB) Downloaded 1262 times

EDIT: Old calculation sheets were missing some data; fixed in new version!
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby brat002 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:19 pm

And what is flight time now?
brat002

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:08 am

Attachments
ESC32_v3.3.0_cal_R2V_18A.jpg
MN2213-12 RPM vs Voltage chart
ESC32_v3.2.9_cal_R2V_18A_CFK11x37.jpg
AIR2213 RPM vs Voltage chart
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Patnet » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:36 pm

Hey Joerg, I just moved over to aluminium arms on my dead cat. Vibrations seem to be down to around 2 from 3 or so with the plastic ones. Good advice, thanks.
Patnet

Postby ajchristian » Thu May 18, 2017 2:46 pm

ajchristian

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Media Showcase