[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - N4 expansion boards for BLDC

N4 expansion boards for BLDC

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: N4 expansion boards for BLDC

Postby pilotnbr1 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:31 pm

So after more testing around the power converter I discovered that the pins on the recom ( on the recom side of the board) were showing the correct voltages however testing voltage on the other side of the board where the recom pads/pins come thru the board the voltage on backside were showing 3.3v instead of 5v. So I flowed more solder into the holes and finally the voltages on both sides of the board where the recom sits showed normal.

Everything works now! Except my gps since I still need to repair the u.fl connecter on the M4. But at least I am back in the air. I have had no more crashes where the quad just suddenly flips- I think perhaps the recom issue caused that too., Thanks for the help guys!
pilotnbr1

Postby pilotnbr1 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:45 pm

Is there an easy way to tell which version of the N4 I have? Both of the n4s I have say version 1.1 on the board. One board was the "kit" which I am fairly sure is a 1.1. The second board (preassembeled) I ordered from flyduino about 2 weeks ago was advertised on the site to be a 1.2 version board- however the silk screen on the new board says version 1.1 as well.

Specifically I am trying to play with uart and am unsure if I need to open the BT solder point in order to power the uart...

Thanks
pilotnbr1

Postby pilotnbr1 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:20 pm

For anyone curious- the prebuilt n4 that is silkscreened v1.1 is capable of bluetooth and uart simultaneously.
pilotnbr1

Postby brat002 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:18 am

Jessi promised to explain how to modify old version of N4 for get that.
Anybody know how?
brat002

Postby JussiH » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:06 pm

Sry, I completely forgot about that.

The fix is very simple, just place a small signal diode across R11 as shown in the photo below.

I used Panasonic DB2S31600L

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/rectifier ... s/7105789/

N4_fix.jpg
JussiH

Postby brat002 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:02 pm

Thank you!!!
brat002

Previous

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller