calibration problem

Latest News and Info about the AutoQuad development

Re: calibration problem

Postby LPR » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:19 pm

Alice

"Larry
Thank you for your help, I will upload the picture latter, however, i wish to recheck the work of parameters, so i use matlab to plot both raw data and calibrated data. From the picture above, I think there must be something wrong in my calibration or data, could you help check my data, or do a calibration for my data."

I have not done a calibration with an AQ board with a DIMU but I will start doing one today. After I get a good result I could then be of some help to you.

The AQ boards with a DIMU fly very well without doing a calibration. I see there is some sensor problems when flying in very cold conditions so that's why I'll do a calibration on my boards now. My outside temperature is 0 degree Fahrenheit this morning.

Your AutoQuad Log Viewer plots look good to me but until I do a calibration I'm not sure. I would follow the instruction and do a calibration with them.

Larry
Last edited by LPR on Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
LPR

Postby zhlearnaq » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:08 am

Larry

Thanks a lot, could you do a calibration with my data if your are free? Looking forward to your output.

Alice
zhlearnaq

Postby LPR » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:01 pm

Alice

First I need to do my dynamic file. I'm practicing the Calibso dance now, but my wife keeps stepping on my feet.

After I look at my dynamic file I'll be able to tell if yours is good enough to use.

Once you have good files, static and dynamic, the rest should be easy if you follow the steps.

Larry
LPR

Postby LPR » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:12 am

Alice

Please post screen shots of the logs like those posted in the AQ wiki.

http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/configuri ... libration/

The logs you have posted are not the one you will see posted in the AQ wiki.

As you'll see in the instructions for doing a dynamic log you should be looking at the logs for Rate, Acc and Mag..

I have my dynamic and static logs done and I will start on the calculations tomorrow.

Larry
LPR

Postby LPR » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:35 am

Alice

This is my graphs of my dynamic logs. I'll see if there good enough for calibration.
Attachments
IMU all FE 3.jpg
IMU ACC FE 3.jpg
IMU Rate FE 3.jpg
LPR

Postby LPR » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:05 am

Guys

Is there anyone that can with step 4 in the DIMU calibration routine.

I'm getting this message.

"C:\00 Larry File\Downloads\AQ_IMU_Calibration-Win32-1.01\aq\bin\sim3.exe" -b --gyo -p "C:\00 Larry File\Downloads\AQ_IMU_Calibration-Win32-1.01\aq\bin\sim3_dimu.params" -p "C:\00 Larry File\AQ Documents\sim3_dimu.params" "C:\00 Larry File\AQ AQL\004-AQL.LOG"

sim3: missing sim3.params file

Larry
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
LPR

Postby zhlearnaq » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:10 pm

Larry
Thank you very much for your reply, and i am looking forward to your result.
I my mind, your dynamic data have much noise in Acc value, maybe you should get another one, it's my advice. The first time I use DIM I come across the same thing as you in your last reply, what i do is add some new files to the software, I don't know whether it's useful to you, i will paste the files for you tomorrow if i could find them, hoping they will work, but it's too late for me now.
Alice
zhlearnaq

Postby zhlearnaq » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:53 am

Larry

Could you give me your mail, I can't figure out which file are needed to be changed, so i want to upload the whole ground to you, but it's 31MB which is larger than 5MB, you can give me your mail or try to download another aqgroundcontrol in wiki.

Alice
zhlearnaq

Postby whizz101 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:06 am

i'm going to do a calibration tommorow. I'll see how i go!
whizz101

Postby LPR » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:06 pm

Hi

I've found some of the reasons I've been having problems. I'm still not happy with the results.

I think I must have some iron buried in my yard. My inclination is -71.33 and in step 6 it goes to -42.2. I need to go out in the field away from the farm site and hope that there will be nothing buried there.

My laptop would not go pass step 3 and my wifes Mac would not go past step two but my window PC works fine.

Larry
LPR

PreviousNext

Return to News