[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Issue with Yaw on fast descent.

Issue with Yaw on fast descent.

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Issue with Yaw on fast descent.

Postby Astudillo » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:37 am

Hey guy's,

I build a 250 size quad with a M4 and kiss esc's and Menno's quatos firmware.
The machine flies pretty well except it yaws clockwise on fast descents.
I played with the Max Yaw rate from 1 to 6 ( i have my yaw rate 360°). I also increased and decreased the Prop Torque, but with no solution to the yawing.

What am i doing wrong?

Here a video of the yawing:

The quad:
IMG_0064.jpg
ZMR250

Quatos numbers:
Quatos+pids.png
quatos
Quatos+pids.png (85.87 KiB) Viewed 9585 times

Mixing:
Schermafbeelding 2015-11-23 om 23.09.26.png
Mixing
Schermafbeelding 2015-11-23 om 23.09.26.png (68.88 KiB) Viewed 9585 times

Additional control settings:
Schermafbeelding 2015-11-23 om 23.10.03.png
acs
Schermafbeelding 2015-11-23 om 23.10.03.png (51.16 KiB) Viewed 9585 times

Misc:
Schermafbeelding 2015-11-23 om 23.12.09.png
Misc
Schermafbeelding 2015-11-23 om 23.12.09.png (194.92 KiB) Viewed 9585 times

Cheers,

Ray
Astudillo

Re: Issue with Yaw on fast descent.

Postby LPR » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:44 am

Ray

It's hard to say for sure what the problem is. Just looking at the quad I think that the yaw problem could be caused by something as small as the clover leaf antenna being under one of the props. Remove the antenna and see if that fixes the yaw problem.

I've seen props that are not the same pitch on the CW and CCW props. If one of the ESCs is not calibrated the same as the others, that could be the problem. If one of the motors is tilted a very small amount you can have yaw problems.

You might find that increasing the Quatos Max Out will give the quad more yaw control.

Larry
LPR

Postby Astudillo » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:11 am

Hi Larry,

Thanks for your reply. I actually already removed the antenna, but i will check the props and try some other other ones as well. Will check if the motors/arms are leveled.

In what increments should i increase the Quatos Max Out, as the wiki says you shouldn't mess with it. :P

Cheers,

Ray
Astudillo

Postby LPR » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:47 pm

LPR

Postby Astudillo » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:20 pm

Hey Guy's

i raised the Quatos Max Out to 6 and the yawing stopped.

Cheers,

Ray
Astudillo

Postby LPR » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:37 am

If you like to be very fussy you can lower the Quato Max out back to 4 or less and tune your quad till the yaw problem goes away and then increase QMO to have the best performance for yaw.

Larry
LPR

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller