[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Tuning soft frame

Tuning soft frame

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: Tuning soft frame

Postby Patnet » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:24 pm

Attachments
068-AQL_log.jpg
Patnet

Postby LPR » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:47 pm

Pat

I don't have much experience with soft frames. My information is based on watching Joerg get his flying and some of my older AQ quad I built.

Yaw problems can be caused by one motor that is not quite performing the same as the others. All your ESC may not be calibrated the same.

Trying to use your old settings is not a good idea.

We need to have a complete parameter list to do a good job of giving you some help.

Larry
LPR

Postby Patnet » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:33 pm

Patnet

Postby Patnet » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:57 pm

Any comments? Getting better on the vibrations... I think this is about as good as I'm going to get it with Larry and Joerg's PID suggestions:

With CTRL TLT RTE D @ 10150
CTRL TLT ANG F @ 0.182
CTRL TLT RTE F @ 0.182

093-AQL_log_ACC_IMU.jpg

093-AQL_Motors.jpg
Patnet

Postby LPR » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:48 pm

Pat

Now for the most important information, how does it fly. Your vibrations look good you must have props that are well balanced.

First see how well your quad can stop after a large joystick input. If it stops without much movement back and forth you're getting close to a well tuned quad.

Next try RTH first from a short ways away from the home point. Then go further away from the home point both horizontally and vertically. If your quad does RTH well with the max speed set to 8 m/s or less you're ready for missions.

Larry
LPR

Postby Patnet » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:33 pm

I do see some very slight up and down oscillations in PH that I don't see when holding a position in MAN. What would be causing that possibly?
Patnet

Postby LPR » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:11 pm

Pat

Your amount of up and down movement depends on how good of GPS signal you're getting. The lower your hacc is the better your quad will performs in PH. The vertical control is around 3 times less accurate than horizontal with any GPS system.

If you are away from stuff like buildings and trees you'll find better control in PH.

Larry
LPR

Postby Patnet » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:01 am

Thanks, I've been lowering NAV ALT SPEED P and ALT SPEED I to try to get the PH more solid. I prefer the performance--it seems more precise. But I'm getting more logged vibrations.

I've now gone back to the PIDs from the latest graph you saw yesterday and am also getting more vibrations. No longer at or around 2. Same PIDs.

Will wind affect vibration? I have more wind this afternoon.

EDIT: Reducing NAV ALT SPEED P to 240 from 260; and NAV ALT SPEED I to 3.9 from 4 is the best mix of AH crispness and kindof below 2 vibrations.
Patnet

Postby LPR » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:15 am

Pat

There are a number of things that can change the amount of vibration you see. How tight you strap in the lipo can have a big effect on how much vibration is seen on the FC. The battery is often around half the weight of the quadcopter and if the battery is not held tightly the battery does less damping.

I use Quatos FW and I found I like the way my large quad control in APH with Nav Alt Speed P and I lowered to 100 and 1.

Larry
LPR

Postby Patnet » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:48 pm

Successful mission!! Next up batteries issue...
Patnet

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller