[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Tuning soft frame

Tuning soft frame

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: Tuning soft frame

Postby Patnet » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:19 pm

Patnet

Postby LPR » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:05 pm

Pat

The fact that your getting motor clipping means you need to change more than just parameters. The higher voltage of a 4s lipo would get you to fly much better or you could reduce the weight of your quad.

How much does your quad weigh now?

You may have motor clipping because of how your ESCs a calibrated or the settings of the M4. Clipping means your motor are run at near full throttle just to get off the ground, so not much is left for control of the quad. It's best to not go over 50% of full thrust in order to hover.

The blue number is probably a good number to start with. The red number will probably need to be reduced. None if this will help your major problem, motor clipping.

One of the developers on this forum works for Airbus and he told me that big planes are easy to build but quadcopters are hard.

Larry
LPR

Postby Patnet » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:24 pm

Hi Larry, thanks. It's 1.67 kilos now. If I add a 578 gram 4S battery and go to 5 amps in lieu of the 3.3 amp 272g 3S, will the all-in-weight not take a hit? Sure that's worth it?

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__ ... _Pack.html
Patnet

Postby LPR » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:02 am

Pat

Looking at your motor log again I think the 3s lipo will be fine. The clipping is likely caused by vibrations and lowering the
CTRL_TLT_ANG_F to 0.125 and reducing the CTRL_TLT_RTE_D to around 1500 instead of 11850 should reduce vibration.

Joerg will know more about those parameters.

Larry
LPR

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:43 am

Attachments
ecalc_dji.jpg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:38 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Patnet » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:20 pm

Thanks. This is all great stuff. So, this is my plan:

From earlier other thread:

"I would start by reducing
CTRL_TLT_ANG_F 0.125
CTRL_TLT_RTE_F 0.10000000

Your starting quite aggressive with your YAW_RT; I would suggest to start tuning with the defaults and increase them later on (o.k. let's compromise on 90 instead of 160 (which let the craft spin very fast!))."

I made these aforementioned changes at the weekend along with a new MAG calibration and it created a loss of control--bird acted like it had drunk beer and whiskey.

So, I've gone back to my earlier PIDs and new MAG. I have tested and MR flies fine--no longer wobbling like it's just left a nightclub.

Next will test. CTRL_TLT_ANG_F 0.125 whichh both Joerg and Larry suggest; then reducing the CTRL_TLT_RTE_D to around 1500 instead of 11850 to reduce vibration suggested by Larry. Will log. Then will look at battery issues.

I have couple questions:

Joerg, you say: "throttle range should be 0 - 1400, yours is - something." How do I change that. I can see in the Radio tab that mine starts at -54 and goes to 1400. How do I get the -54 to show as zero?

In calibrating SIMONKs I just do the usual, right? A post on the forum mentions MOT_ESC_CALI. I don't see that. Is that redundant?:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3003&start=130#p26079
Patnet

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:09 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Patnet » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:27 am

Just a quick update:

1. CTRL_TLT_ANG_F 0.125: caused failure in yaw response. Yaws very quickly one direction and slow the next. Possible cause: crash damage. Will look for crooked arms with a level.

2. "reducing the CTRL_TLT_RTE_D to around 1500 instead of 11850" caused major wobbles and big crash.

I'm unsure as to how to read the IMU_ACC logs still.

On page

http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/configuri ... -problems/

the two bottom images look completely different to me. Yet the text says they are examples of the same low vibration levels. Can this text be correct?
Patnet

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:09 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller