[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - KML export of GPS data fails

KML export of GPS data fails

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

KML export of GPS data fails

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:05 am

Hey guys,

wanted to export my flight path (GPS data from LOG) to a .KML file for visualizing via Google earth, but the export fails completely on Windows version, MAC version generates an empty file only.

What am I doing wrong?
kml export fails.JPG
aBUGSworstnightmare

Re: KML export of GPS data fails

Postby LPR » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:45 pm

Joerg

The newest QGC works fine for me but if your using an older QGC some of them will not export KMLs. Some SD cards give problems with errors and that could also be your problem.

Larry
LPR

Postby Max » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:50 pm

Joerg, logDump.exe was missing from earlier releases of 1.6.x. You could download the again (1.6.3.1), and/or use the .

-Max
Max

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:42 am

Hi Max,
thanks for the hint; still used 1.6.3 :oops:
export.JPG

O.K. this solved the problem with the exporter but I still have not data in my .xml-file. Looks like no GPS related data gets logged with this FW (it's Peter's FW that I'm currently flying).
The log file in question is here https://www.dropbox.com/s/huz4g52rh7h4w ... L.LOG?dl=0
Would be great if someone can check what's going on.
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Max » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:09 am

You have GPS H/V accuracy filters set to .5m but your logged accuracy never drops that low. Set them to 3m or so, then try the export again.

-Max
Max

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:13 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:34 am

Case closed! Set the accuracy to ~4m to get some data:
Capture.JPG
RCTSpider on 'rollercoaster' ride
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:24 pm

Hey guys,
is it possible that the exported log is not scaled correctly?
Here is the video from one of my CamCruiser's flights

and this is the exported track from the log file (https://www.dropbox.com/s/al1v43n3fb4c0 ... L.LOG?dl=0):
tracktosmall.JPG
This looks like it is too small since I used more 'space' for flying; i.e. at 3:31min when the craft is ascending in front of the trees

088-AQL.zip
.KML file for use in Google Earth i.e.
(271.77 KiB) Downloaded 1162 times

Can you let me have your feedback on this? Will capture a 'flight' by carrying an M4 around the streets to see if it fits google map this week...
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Max » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:34 am

Joerg, I can guarantee you that what you see on the map is exactly what was in the logs. There is no "scaling" since everything is logged in real-world coordinates (lat/lon/MSL alt). If you're missing records, that is most likely due to filtering being applied to the log export and/or poor GPS reception during parts of the flight.

-Max
Max

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:06 am

Attachments
result.JPG
aBUGSworstnightmare

Return to AQ Software