[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - FrSky X4R/X8R S.Bus w/out inverter

FrSky X4R/X8R S.Bus w/out inverter

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Re: FrSky X4R S.Bus w/out inverter

Postby Max » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:23 am

No, a FrSky Rx can only be used with a FrSky Tx/module. Sbus works on the Rx side, not related to the Tx at all.

-Max
Max

Postby soul4u » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:58 pm

Just to let you know connection as suggested and shown in the pic is working fine !
Thanks Max and LPR!!
soul4u

Postby Teletubbie » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:25 pm

I removed the inverter and place a wire (under hot glue) so i keep the resistor and the same output because I don't need a inverted one.
Attachments
X4RSB_inv.jpg
Teletubbie

Postby LPR » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:50 pm

I kept the inverter but by-past it with this hack. It would not be hard to reconnect the inverter if you wanted to.

Once you have the wire solder in you just connect your board to the same S-Bus pin on the X4R and you will not need an inverter.

Larry
Attachments
X4R hack 3.jpg
X4R hack.jpg
Last edited by LPR on Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
LPR

Postby Max » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:21 pm

Turns out the X8R can also be hacked easily so an inverter is not required: http://eleccelerator.com/frsky-x4rsb-sb ... omment-539 (img: http://imgur.com/S7R42nc)

-Max
Max

Postby kinderkram » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:58 pm

kinderkram

Re: FrSky X4R/X8R S.Bus w/out inverter

Postby MiniMe » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:48 pm

Could someone detail how to modify the FrSky X8R, short of separating the 2 circuit boards, disconnecting U7 inverter and adding a link.
MiniMe

Postby LPR » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:24 pm

Mini

Your name Minime gives me the idea that you like stuff that's small. If you do you'll find that using the FrSky X4R would work better. X4R is cheaper and it's very easy to remove the inverter.

The only difference I've found between the X4R and the X8R other than size, is that it has less PWM pins which I don't use anyway.

Larry
LPR

Postby kinderkram » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:35 pm

Attachments
AQ_sbus1.png
AQ_sbus1.png (43.45 KiB) Viewed 26097 times
frsky-without-inverter.jpg
frsky-without-inverter.jpg (101.93 KiB) Viewed 26097 times
kinderkram

Postby MiniMe » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:18 pm

Hi and thanks for the replies.

I was in a rush to watch the tour of Britain come through my home town when I posted this and I must clarify a little.

I will be using an X8R receiver as it is supplied with the FrSky transmitter.... I would have preferred something a tad smaller ;) , possibly the DR4-II, then this would work ok with the Naze32 Full FC.

That leads me onto the next thing..... I'm going to be using the Naze32 Full FC with the X8R (not the AQ FC) so I'd like to utilise Sbus with this.

I'm putty in your hands.... fire away please.

PS... this is the only place where I have found info relating to the X8R receiver mod/hack. Didn't mean to dirty the thread with the Naze32 :roll:

Sorry for the confusion.
MiniMe

PreviousNext

Return to Connections