[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - 3DR_RadioTelemetry

3DR_RadioTelemetry

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Re: 3DR_RadioTelemetry

Postby Max » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:06 am

I've had mixed luck with those radio setups. I have a genuine 900MHz 3DR set, and one knock-off "air" side. The latter is pretty much crap. The 3DR ones do work OK after a bunch of playing with baud rates and settings. Let's see... Right now on the ground side I have 115K Baud, 96 Air, ECC off, Mavlink and Op Resend on. IIRC it worked better at 57K Baud on the air (AQ) side. I also haven't updated firmware or the Config tool in a while. It works fine as a telemetry downlink, with acceptable packet loss, but setting/saving parameters can be hit/miss. I've never tried XBee but I understand they're much more reliable.

-Max
Max

Postby Crizz » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:34 am

thx @ Max - i figured out what caused the problems. Bad solderworks !

After re-soldering with a flood of Flux and Hotair, i was able to get a stable connect with 57 kBaud serial and 128 Airspeed. Only the high Tx-loss stayed. Figured that it was caused by bad ground connects of antenna sockets, only upper side of pcbs had been soldered to gnd-tabs of sockets, and even these solderjoints had been broken.

Now Tx-loss is bouncing between 0 and 1% , that´s okay. :)

Now i´m excited about range, hope it will work well.
Crizz

Postby Max » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:09 am

Cool, good to hear. BTW, if you're using QGC, one thing that helps a lot with sending commands to AQ via Mavlink over a weak radio link (eg. to save params to flash) is to go into the Mavlink settings (same place as the serial port settings) and check "Enable retransmission of actions/commands". Also make sure the retransmission of parameters read/write is checked. You can play with the timeouts too, though the defaults seem mostly OK.

-Max
Max

Postby Crizz » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:31 am

hm... actually i haven´t found "enable retransmission", maybe i have disabled anything in QGC so it does not show up. Will care for it, maybe i havent the latest revision of QGC, will check even.
Crizz

Postby Max » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:00 pm

Not the best screenshot, but you can see one of the "retransmission" settings at the bottom here. The other one is just below the scroll. Also once you have connected to AQ, the MAVLink settings become available in the main QGC program Options -> Settings dialog in the MAVLink tab (it's not there until you connect at least once).

-Max

serial-settings.png
serial-settings.png (33.74 KiB) Viewed 31106 times
Max

Postby Crizz » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:12 pm

okay, but actually this doesnt really matter : my x8 drives me nuts and does not want to fly. No reaction on pitch, backflip on startup. Oh i kill that damned thing....
Crizz

Postby Crizz » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:41 pm

okay guys, to bring this up again :

meanwhile my x8 is running fine and i spent 2 days on the field for fine tuning. And i spent the money to get original 3DR telemetry modules. They are working, but veeeery slow :(

So how can i optimize it ?

Baudrate is set to 115 k, AirSpeed to 64 because any higher value seems not to work. Window-Size is limitted to 33 like advised. I dont have any clue why the data transmition takes so long, when i start up the system and using my laptop, it take around 2 minutes (!) until QGC has read the paramaters. And on my smartphone, i can wait until day is over, i even get the message to connect before retrieving parameters though it has been connected before.

So where are the tricks to speed it up ? Using a simple BT-module gives me real speed, but not really transmitting range.

Any help is appreciated :)
Crizz

Postby Luxar » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:27 pm

Hey !
That's my settings for the RC-Timer 3DR radios:
Greetings from Germany - Ralf
Luxar

Postby Crizz » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:35 pm

thanks alot, very kind !

can anybody explain the meaning of NET-ID and if it has any influence ?

I´m wondering that mine won´t connect on a 128 Aispeed, have even problems to set params to air-module , sometimes i need to set each one as GS to the PC and find some params that got missing.

Does the # of Channels param take any influence on connect and dataspeed ?

Edit : btw - i found that the "temp"-message at my modules carries a value of 276 - what does this mean ???
Crizz

Postby Crizz » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:15 pm

Got it running today :)

Problem was that the modified data havent been tranfered to the airmodule successfully. So the set values between Gnd- and Airmodule didnt match ( lost connection sometimes, and like i said it worked very slow).
Thank god the 3DR-modules can be used in each mode and have USB-IF and so it wasnt a big deal to set the parameters manually via USB. Now its running like it should :)
Crizz

Previous

Return to Connections