[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - MinumOSD

MinumOSD

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: MinumOSD

Postby axelnied » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:09 pm

All,

I found this screenshot... The boards are similar, but not the same.
The $50 version from DIYDrones uses better components and is less prone to overheating.
The RCTimer version has heat issues especially when powering the video-chip side with 12V.
The WhiteSpy version appears to be very similar to the RCTimer version, BUT has all the voltage dividers for 1st/2nd battery, RSSI and Amps already part of the board (plus pin out). And it is cheap, I just ordered one.
OSD_Board_Versions.jpg
OSD Board Versions
OSD_Board_Versions.jpg (75.96 KiB) Viewed 24045 times

I also found a VERY nice video explaining the technical details...

JR from the OP project also has a good thread on the OP forum.

I really like the "radar" screen he created...
OSD_OP_JR_Radar.jpg
OP OSD Radar
OSD_OP_JR_Radar.jpg (59.26 KiB) Viewed 24045 times

It shows you the relative position and heading in a simple radar plot, similar to fighter-jet displays. Pretty cool. I wish I could replicate that, but my programming skills are BASIC (literally).
axelnied

Postby gredeby » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:11 pm

Kissys, Excuse me, a bit off topic.
Can you share your motor and prop data for EMAX MT.2204.
I,m trying to set up a 250 size fpv quad.
Regards, Bengt
gredeby

Postby Kisssys » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:36 pm

This is for the HK FPV250 with Quatos and MT1804. It uses special firmware for ext esc's from Menno.

Cheers
Steve
Attachments
HK_FPV250Quatos_EmaxMT1804.txt
(9.38 KiB) Downloaded 1024 times
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby gredeby » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:28 am

Thanks.
Regards, Bengt
gredeby

Postby Mullet » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:41 am

I'm going to do a 180mm sized FPV quad with KISS ESCs and 1306 motors and the Micro MinumOSD. I'm also going to use Joerg's expander board for use with my M4. I'd like to use both bluetooth and have the OSD. As it stands now, it seems like I can do one or the other. Is it possible to tap into an unused PWM line and use it as a TX line via modified firmware?
Mullet

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:55 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Mullet » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:43 am

Got it. So I can tap the TX line and use that for the Minum. So the 5v power can't be used because it doesn't have enough juice for: M4, BT, and Minum?
Mullet

Postby Mullet » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:06 am

Another thought is powering the Minum OSD directly from my Lipo. I'll be using 3s so that's 12.6V with a fully charged battery. I wouldn't fry the Minum OSD with this much voltage would I? I also could get a PDB that has a 12v and 5v supply on it.

Otherwise, is an LC filter necessary for this type of FPV setup? I'd think it wouldn't hurt. As we all know... I'm just trying to keep the weight down.
Mullet

Postby Mullet » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:41 am

KISSYS - quick questions.

You mention you use your landing gear switch to go between pages. Do you mean your mode switch? Or is this a different switch on your radio? Could I use the pass thru function in AQ, which is normally used for a gimbal system?

Did you end up hooking up the bat1 hookup on the Minim? Or does battery voltage work via AQ TX?
Mullet

Postby Kisssys » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:03 pm

Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller