QGC problems on my laptop

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

QGC problems on my laptop

Postby jave-mtr » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:58 pm

Hi,
I have a strange compatibility problem with QGroundcontrol on my new laptop, a HP Zbook 14, running Windows 7 Professional 64bit. The laptop is pretty much in stock condition, there is no special firewall software or anything on it.

No version of QGC works on this computer! I have tried all recent version of QGC, 1.3.0, 1.4.0, 1.5.0, 1.6.3.1. Whenever I try to start QGC, immediately an error message appears saying "qgroundcontrol.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly..."

It's pretty clear that it's a problem with my computer since QGC works on my desktop and other laptops. But I'm wondering if somebody could at least give me some hints what the problem might be?

The only way that I can make QGC work is if I start it I run it in 256 colors, but then of course it looks terrible and I can hardly make out any of the writing.

Thanks for the help!
jave-mtr

Re: QGC problems on my laptop

Postby chschmid » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:21 pm

I run it on a ASUS zenbook. When I remember right, I experienced a similar problem a while ago.
Did you try to remove *all* QGC and then reinstall the latest vesrsion.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby jave-mtr » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:25 pm

Yes, I tried that, but it didn't change anything.
In the meantime, I found the answer by pure luck. I was charging the laptop battery, and all of a sudden all versions of QGC worked. Unplugged, they didn't work. It was a setting in the Power Settings regarding the graphics card.
Thank you for your help nonetheless!
jave-mtr

Postby chschmid » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:38 pm

This is bad luck. Good you have it working now.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Return to AQ Software