[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AQ6 and AlexMos SBGC 8-bit at PPM ?

AQ6 and AlexMos SBGC 8-bit at PPM ?

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

AQ6 and AlexMos SBGC 8-bit at PPM ?

Postby Crizz » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:51 pm

HEy guys, maybe anybody can help me ?

Tried to connect my Alex Mos s-BGC ( FW: 2.407 ) with my AQ6 using PPM. Gimbal was setup properly w/o RC-signal and works fine, but when connecting PPM from receiver to RxRoll like mentioned in manual, i have two effect :

1.) connecting only flight battery : after initialize, gimbal starrt bouncing on roll and tilt

2.) connecting USB to gimbal and plug in flight batterie, all ESC starting beeping like no valid RC-signal

Okay, guess that could be a problem with the Futaba PPM from the FRSky receiver, wo maybe i should try to sue the PWM / Analog function from the gimbal - and this is the point where i´m not sure :

1. where to connect the gimbals inputs at the AQ6 ? (ports)
2. how to set up the gimbals inputs ? i guess PWM (because of the adjusteable frequency )

Any further advise for me how to deal with it ?
Crizz

Re: AQ6 and AlexMos SBGC 8-bit at PPM ?

Postby kinderkram » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:49 am

Hi Chris,
you don´t need to connect the gimbal to the AQ per se - only if you want to tilt the gimbal manually you can use a passthrough for RC Pitch input of the Alexmos.

To make it clear: you have the PPM receiver connected to motor output nr. 14 on the AQ?
Then just assign a channel for the passthrough (like 5 or 8, move gimbal tilt or cam trig to a non existing channel like nr. 16) in the radio section as input and a free motor port as output in the mixing&output section.

On your Futaba radio assign a knob or poti for the passthrough input.
kinderkram

Postby Crizz » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:00 am

Yep, PPM is connectred to Port 14 of AQ6. I already tried around this morning and found my FRSky-Receiver even gives PWM of CH5-10 , so i decided to try ch6 directly from receiver, and after a lot of PID-changes (try&error) it seems to work.

Only thing i dont got solved : when i move knob a little, gimbal start tilt-move - but does not stop until it reaches endpoint :shock:

I set the max. angle now to 0° - 90° to allow tilting down only (by command) so i can move down and back to straight view, but to stop at any desired position it´s a mess. I dont know why it doesnt stop. Any suggestion ?

Is this maybe a known bug in several combinations of sBGC and T-Motors ? Should i check with an older firmware-version than 2.4 ?
Crizz

Postby kinderkram » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:11 am

Use "speed mode" in the Alexmos RC settings. Take speed 2 or 3 to get smooth transitions.
You can further fine adjust the initial angle there and/or limit the throw of your radio channel in the Futaba.
kinderkram

Postby Crizz » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:21 am

okay, will give it a try :)
Crizz

Postby Crizz » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:55 am

okay, here we go....

figured that default was "speed-mode". Switched to "angle-mode" and everything´s fine. :)

edit :

btw, is it possible to enable "follow-mode" only for Roll ? Or only global on all axis ?
Crizz

Postby kinderkram » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:05 am

Oops, then it was the other way round... :oops:

You can use follow mode for YAW individually and/or Pitch&Roll if you want to have the typical flight feeling.
For aerial videos only Yaw makes sense, though.
kinderkram

Postby Crizz » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:11 pm

have only 2-axis gimbal, and follow on tilt wouldnt be needed, only on roll. But maybe i give it a try later :)

thx alot for your kind support :)
Crizz

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller