[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - KISS and AUTOQUAD

KISS and AUTOQUAD

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

KISS and AUTOQUAD

Postby afernan » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:44 pm

I´ve worked a lot with KISS and AUTOQUAD trying to get it working together since KISS is a very good ESC, cheap, simple and very performance. But I did´nt get allways a success history, mainly in larger mounts due to hard frequency couplings between frame , control and KISS (it has freewheeling).

I found very difficult to get a reliable configuration robust for frame changes (like weight, gimbal, battery, etc). Tuning is difficult (always using PIDs) but when you succeed, then it´s an awesom copter, with a super precise and robust flight mainly under wind.

There´s a number of post and guides in our wiki were I show diferent mounts. I normally succeded with small mounts (< 700g copters) but with large copters you must have a lot of care with the design.

After a lot of tries and study I could isolate the potential frequency coupling problems by using a very stiff frame (freq > 161 Hz) and the right control parameters tuning (PIDs.)

The video below show the maiden test flight using exactly same frame that I use for QUATOS, ESC32 (flying very well) but now usin PIDs and KISS. It flies very very well. Acc levels are negligibles, very small, below 0.5m/s2 in hovering.

Tunning was not so easy. In general I needed to low a lot many of the Tilt params, including Fterm. Attached the params I´m using. Main changes wrt deffaults:
TRD = 15000, Fterm = 0.125
TAP = 150
TAD = 6000

Enjoy

Angel
Attachments
PARAMS.zip
(2.21 KiB) Downloaded 1080 times
1.JPG
small.JPG
small.JPG (66.64 KiB) Viewed 25411 times
afernan

Re: KISS and AUTOQUAD

Postby kinderkram » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:13 am

Yeah, this is the one! 8-)

Thx for the parameters, they will surely help with my build after I received the carbon tubes next week (hopefully).
kinderkram

Postby leopold1 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:57 pm

Impressive!!
leopold1

Postby leopold1 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:29 pm

Angel, does it use the same centerplates as your version of the tank quad?
leopold1

Postby chschmid » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:14 pm

Hi Angel

Very good values. I have hardly seen so low vibs. Congrats.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:17 am

Great performance! Well done!
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby chschmid » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:28 am

Angel
How did you perform the auto landing and the autostart?
What is you nav speed?
What is the descend rate.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby afernan » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:29 pm

@leopold1, I´m using this center plates from the begining (maybe 2 years ago now!). Always same plates in all my builds. Many peoply are using it also.

@Christof: I´m using all deffault values for NAV. Auto-landing is part of the current code: while in PH simply set the throttle stick a bit below the center and leave it alone: it will land, stop the motors and disarm automatically.

The same for AUTO-Take-off: arm / set PH / and move throttle stick slightly above the center: it will take-off alone and smooth.
In both cases, the position of the Thro stick wrt center will define the descend speed or the take-off speed.

I´m preparing now a version with "pusher" propellers (upside down motors). It has two advantages:
1) much better aerodinamic effitienty (will gain some flight time)
2) and more important: tubulences around arm fully dissapear. These turbulences add noise to the acc signal (not negligible for a cilindrical body). This removal will improve more the control.

Anyway still some room for PID params improvement, for sure.

Angel
afernan

Postby Max » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:10 pm

Max

Postby afernan » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:23 am

@Max:
you´re right. Disam will not occur when landing, only motors off. I´ve mixed with the "land" command used in a mission that performs a "disarm" . Anyway, I´ve been using everyday a lot both auto land-takeoff and never had an issue.

Angel
afernan

Next

Return to AQ Media Showcase