[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Error heading

Error heading

Static, Dynamic, Log File Analysis, Troubleshooting

Error heading

Postby plexus » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:54 am

hi

I have a new problem with the heading:
Put heading in the north, the reading in QGC is right = 0°
I turn the FC 360° on itself and return to the North and now i read in QGC= 20°. But that can be other false values.
All heading are false, the south is at 200° (180+20).

I power down the FC, put the FC to the North, then reconnect and I read 0°, but slowly I see the heading coming to 20°.
I have tried several dance and other parameters, reloaded the firm, no change.
Strange isn't ?
Help is welcome :idea:
The firm is R416 +dimu.

Alain
plexus

Re: Error heading

Postby sandmen » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:38 pm

No, it isn't strange.
On AQ, the Mag is only used during the init-phase.
sandmen

Postby plexus » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:05 am

Thanks sandmen.
It is trhue; in flight the heading is correct on the QGC and on my android, but it is false on my MX20Hott.
See the post here:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=4268
Can you explain that problem ?

Alain
plexus

Postby plexus » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:09 pm

Hi,
Can you help me ?
Firm R445.
In flight the heading is correct on the QGC and on my android,
but it is wrong only on my MX20Hott.
Thanks

error heading.jpg
plexus

Postby joebar.rc » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:02 am

Hi is that indoor?, because when a gps signal is available, and seeing that on your screen it is, it will take the gps heading and that 'can' be different from the AQ yaw.
Your gps is locked in 3d but with a fairly poor accuracy (almost 2m) hence the possible wrong direction.
joebar.rc

Postby Max » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:32 pm

Just a minor point, GPS doesn't (can't) report heading (where the front of the MR is pointing), it's technically course over ground. The HUD & PFD in QGC always show magnetic heading, which will often be different from course.

-Max
Max

Postby plexus » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:26 pm

Many thanks for the replies.
Firm R445 +dimu. no quatos.
I repeat the error is only with the hott (MX20)
It is correct on the smartphone (aqgcs0.3.5)
In Fligth the same error With an GPS accuracy of 33.
I am uploading a video to show you the error .

You could see I begin at 240° :
QGC ---> MX20
249° ---> 242
265 ----> 0°
268 ---> 12
291 ---> 36
335 ---> 72
0° ---> 100°
3° ---> 104°

4° ---> 4°
26° ---> 6°
64 ---> 52
69 ---> 68
Come back a bit:
66 ---> 64
78---> 66
94 ---> 66
123 ___> 96
Correct :
124---> 124
Error at 240°
290 --->44
283 ---> 14
316 ---> 56
0 ---> 96
plexus

Postby plexus » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:13 pm

plexus

Postby BradRo » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:46 pm

Hi Plexus, did you figure out how to fix this error?
BradRo

Return to Calibration