[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Baro problem or PID? [semi-solved]

Baro problem or PID? [semi-solved]

The last Bastion to fine tune your FC matching your airframe & setup

Re: Baro problem or PID?

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:37 am

gpsqual.jpg
HACC and VACC

Your GPS signal is not the best. Which type of GPS antenna do you use (size) and is there a GPS Ground shield or not? Pic please!
thrchannel.jpg
Throttle channel not set right; Throttle factor not adjusted

Your Throttle channel seems odd to me (should be 0 to 1400, middle at 700) -> verify your TX settings and adjust the throttle factor (http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/configuri ... -override/)

Same question as Christof's: post a picture showing how you've covered your baro.
Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby jet » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:28 am

Hi, Joerg,
Thanks for help.

I tuned throttle factor again.
Based on the test result, I set CTRL_Thro_Factor=0.65.
Is it correct?

For throttle channel, the lowest was -98(0%)/702(50%)/1406(100%).
I tried to tune 0 and 0% in my RC.
However, I never succeed.
Is it necessary to let 0% (The lowest Thro) be 0?

Also, associated with GPS Shield, I used a foam to cover Baro between AQ6 and DIMU.

Appreciate your participation.
Attachments
IMG_20150610_144606.jpg
baro
1400.jpg
highest thr
1400.jpg (43.05 KiB) Viewed 21069 times
700.jpg
mid thr
700.jpg (42.8 KiB) Viewed 21069 times
0.jpg
lowest thr
0.jpg (42.25 KiB) Viewed 21069 times
thr.jpg
Thr factor
jet

Postby chschmid » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:13 am

chschmid

Postby jet » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:48 am

Thanks Christof,
I would try to tune TF carefully associated with Futaba 14SG instead of Spektrum DX8S.
I could feel air flow when I blew the foam.
Thanks so much.
jet

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:27 am

Last edited by aBUGSworstnightmare on Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby LPR » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:16 pm

Jet

I had a similar altitude control problem after I added foam to the barometer on the M4 board.

My mistake was to use foam that comes with some electron components. Steve pointed out to me that the foam is treated with an static electricity control chemical and will cause a lot of trouble because the foam will conduct electricity!!

I've found that if you have the AQ board mounted solid and vibration are low, that I don't need to adjust altitude PIDs.

Larry
LPR

Postby plexus » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:05 pm

+1, Take care with foam and test if not stop air.
Your HACC is not good, you must have it below 1 to get a good stability in hold position and to dont loose altitude on RTH.
Your pid seems to be a little bit wrong. Try these values:
Tilt rate D= 32000
Tilt angle P=165
Tilt Angle I= 0.0025
Tilt angle D=8500
Navigation Distance rate P=0.5
Navigation Altitude speed P=200 +/-
Navigation altitude spped I=2.85 -/+
Navigation altitude Position P=0.2
For the hold your throttle stick must be at 50%, Read the value on your log and adjust with the methode given by Christoff or the wiki.

With the original values your bird must fly !
Alain
plexus

Postby jet » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:43 pm

WOW~learn much from you all.
So appreciative.^^

To Joerg,
1.I also liked Spektrum RC. I tried to tune my DX8 again based on your suggestion.
My DX8 was the latest firmware (V3.0.1) associated with stick calibration.
2.The blue ball was anti-vibration platform for Pixhawk (as well as figure).
Although I felt it was good to reduce vibration, I will remove them and try again.

To Larry,
It's cool to understand the truth regarding foams associated with electronic components.
I had to change my foam.
Nice information!

To plexus,
My frame was 550mm not big.
Meantime, the frame looked like "V" style instead of "X" style.
I had tried the default PID.
However, my AQ6 oscillated.
So, I decreased the default PID.
I may try your suggestion again.
Attachments
76727_1_High.jpg
blue ball
76727_1_High.jpg (71.17 KiB) Viewed 21050 times
jet

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:10 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby plexus » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:03 pm

Have you the good angle (IMU rotation) ?
and too, lower your tilt rate D if vibrate.
A good balance of the motors and props is very appreciated by AQ .
Have a glance on your ACC X, It must be between +/-1 or +/-2.
3 begin to be worse.
Alain
plexus

PreviousNext

Return to PID Tuning