[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Using M4 with BLDCs - Short How to

Using M4 with BLDCs - Short How to

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: Using M4 with BLDCs - Short How to

Postby chschmid » Tue May 12, 2015 8:39 pm

chschmid

Postby Simson » Tue May 12, 2015 8:49 pm

Perfect Christof, that's what I wanted to hear. That's exactly what I wanted to do.
In terms of the power for the M4 I will use a Pololu.
Cheers, Harry
Simson

Postby chschmid » Tue May 12, 2015 9:31 pm

Hi Harry

But you need to do a hack as you do not have enough physical PWM out's. When I remember right, Steve or Joerg posted a "manual" on how to capture the PWM's 1-4 before the onboard brushed ESC.

I would go with a AQ6 with enough physical PWM ports.
Or use the M4 with expansion board and use ESC32 over CAN. Then you need no hack.
Or use a Radio receiver for the gimbal in parallel.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby Simson » Tue May 12, 2015 10:12 pm

Today I did this "soldering hack". Actually it was not a big problem for me but for this job I recommend a microscope.
I had to do this, because I ordered already KISS ESC's for this project.
Actually I'm still a little bit confused regarding the total channel amount of the internal M4 receiver. When I started with Autoquad I read in the "advertisement" a total amount of 12 channels of the internal receiver. But now it is with the soldering hack of M1 to M4 only 8 plus one input for a spectrum satellite receiver. Where can I pick up the remaining channels?
Cheers, Harry
Last edited by Simson on Tue May 12, 2015 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simson

Re: AW: Using M4 with BLDCs - Short How to

Postby Simson » Tue May 12, 2015 10:13 pm

Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1431465177987.jpg
Simson

Postby LPR » Wed May 13, 2015 5:22 am

Harry

The M4 internal Rx, the CYRF, will give you 12 channels. All you need to do is make sure your Tx is outputting 12 channels.
You do not need to use a Spektrum satellite.

Larry
LPR

Postby chschmid » Wed May 13, 2015 5:37 am

chschmid

Re: AW: Using M4 with BLDCs - Short How to

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed May 13, 2015 6:13 am

Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1431465177987.jpg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Simson » Wed May 13, 2015 10:19 pm

You must have a very precise crystal ball. Actually, that's the way I want to go.
When I started with Autoquad I ordered different things from Viacopter. Well, my first idea was the use of a Pololu and after reading the Wiki, I found out that the SD Card Slot is actually essential. Therefore I am happy that I did order the N4 expansion board as well.
I am using a Spektrum DX18 and without the M1 to M4 Hack I would not have enough channels to control the Mobius Gimbal and LEDs.
M9 is already used for a Spektrum Satellit, because I attend to do Long Range flight.

Thanks a lot to all of you guys for the help. It's very much appreciated by me!
Simson

Postby Mullet » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:08 am

I have one of the few M4CAN boards.

I was just curious of the full capabilities. So is it possible to use 3 serial type connections (Bluetooth, TX/RX on pin headers, and PC/PC7 sockets), can bus, and 4 pwm outputs? Or are we limited to some degree?
Mullet

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller