[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - DIMU fail or FW bug ?

DIMU fail or FW bug ?

Info & Discussions about good ole AQ6, taken to the next level.

Re: DIMU fail or FW bug ?

Postby Crizz » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:54 pm

@teramax : may i send you my DIMU for testing on your board ? its no problem with me. And may i´s easier to check the DIMU for fails.

I promise i will only take a take-off-test with hovering , nothing amazing, just to check if the AQ6 is able to fly or crap ( meant on my board, not general)

If the test runs like expected, i may take the time to "dance" all over the weekend to get that f*****g bird into work, if even w/o DIMU ( the frig´s logs i kept and there is only the calibso to be made for calculating the parameters and i was to lazy - thats why i bought the DIMU....)
Crizz

Postby teramax » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:23 am

sure, PM
somehow everything can fly
teramax

Postby Crizz » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:12 am

Update :

did a short hovering test, looked good (considering its a total uncalibrated system). Only yaw rate was very very low, but this should be adjusteable later.

Attached the Log, so maybe anybody can check if this is okay or anything conspicuous.

Checked solderwork at DIMU-socket on AQ-pcb, looks good. At the DIMU i found on part "u3" that pin 7 and 8 are shortcircuit, but this can be caused by design and needed/wanted for operation.
Attachments
AQ-u3.jpg
AIMU_HoverCheck.zip
(3.49 MiB) Downloaded 972 times
Crizz

Postby teramax » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:42 pm

this tiny solderblob is ok, my DIMUs have them all.
LOGs looking also ok to me, everything else is just PID and little luck ;)

Get your DIMU fixed and you are good to go.
teramax

Postby Crizz » Thu May 07, 2015 10:30 pm

got a new DIMU returned from Flyduino and installed it today, TARED and tested in the evening - great, no problems with the sensors anymore. Just a little jitter on the landing gear when using 2 batteries in parallel, mounted on lander-sides. Dont know what causes this, maybe one bad prop, though i have had anyone on the balancer before mounting, and its only with the side-mounted batteries, not with one central under the frame.

Guess this will become and endless roadwork.... Maybe i build my own batt-mount on top of the centerplate if this works better. Meanwhile it becomes boring to find solutions for problems i havent known before. Maybe it was born under a dark star, it´s quite not normal that it took around 2 years to get that bird up. But to think positive : i´ve never been closer than now ;)
Crizz

Postby teramax » Thu May 07, 2015 11:23 pm

no worry, we came so far, i´ll get you trough the goal ;)
teramax

Postby Crizz » Fri May 08, 2015 7:35 am

i never give up, Tera - though i´m sometimes bit of frustrated on this project, but hardest part is done and guess the rest isn´t really much. Thx alot for your kind support ! :) :)
Crizz

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Fri May 08, 2015 2:16 pm

Crizz ... dat lüppt!!
Stay with the topic, eliminate one error after the other (did the same again with my quatos xml-file today) and get the beast flying.
Sometimes it's only a simple error that costs you hours (never expected that I try to fly with a wrong mixer :oops: ) but the fun when flying it is worth the pain...
Keep us posted! We're here and willing to help you!
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Crizz » Fri May 08, 2015 3:48 pm

yep @ Joerg - fully consent !

This afternoon i played around with the Tilt Rate D-factor and got it much better, only little short shakes now, but close to flyable.

When this is done, need to take some time for my M4 to get Quatos tuned. Also lotta work, and my GPS fails now - have no clue, why. Something´s up everytime......
Crizz

Postby Crizz » Fri May 08, 2015 9:56 pm

okay guys, here we go again.... need your help.

Made a little loog in the evening , only hovering. Looks good, but sometime i have little jitter on the tipps of the landing gear. Hard to see, but they come and go.

But, most bad thing : when i switch to pos.hold or rth, my x8 become nearly uncontrollable : starts to move in circle ( pos hold) or starts sweeping (rth). What can i do to get rid of this problem ? Any suggestions ?

Actual config is a x8-copter with t-motors 3508-16 (700 k/V) and KISS-ESC running at 3s with 13x4.4" t-mot cfk props, will be used with 4s with gimbal and cam. actual ToW is around 2.5 kg (3s 8 Ah), will be at 4,0 ... 4.5 kg fully customized (4s 10 Ah).

Here are my actual PID-settings and the log from hovering and my params.txt file. Will make new log only with man - posHold-rth tomorrow to compare and analyze. Maybe you can give me some more useful tips.
Attachments
PID.png
Hover.zip
(3.15 MiB) Downloaded 939 times
PARAMS.txt
(14.83 KiB) Downloaded 937 times
Crizz

PreviousNext

Return to AQ6 +DIMU +CAN