external LED over M Ports

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

external LED over M Ports

Postby soul4u » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:58 pm

Hi guys, had a great day today!
Maiden flight of my first ever build quad and succesfully done with autoquad6!
Thx to all for helping autoquad to get this status and make it available to everybody!
I have flown a lot of so called professional drone systems over the last years, but this is definitely outstanding. Cant get the smile out of the face today :D

The deeper you go inside this project, the more questions are coming up.
I had a search for external LED here, but couldnt find answers to my question, which might be easy to answer.

I want to add a LED to the M Port for Arm/Disarm and another LED for the battery level warning.
In QGC I do find Config/Mixing-Output/Signaling port LED 1 and LED 2.
I attach the 2 LEDs to the selected M ports and they are blinking....but where do I select what they are blinking for?
So where to select that LED1 on Port 2 is blinking when Voltage is at 3.4 volt as selected under misc settings low battery warning and LED 2 on port 10 is showing the status armed/disarmed ??
Thx for your help again!
soul4u

Re: external LED over M Ports

Postby Max » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:56 pm

Hi, glad to hear you're enjoying the AQ! Pretty smooth, right? :)

Signaling patterns are compiled into the firmware and described here: http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/configuri ... g-patterns

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby soul4u » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:06 am

Hi Max,
yes, I definitely do!
Ok, understood, I thought there is a way to define the action of the LEDS in the QGC, lets say first one blinks when battery level 1 is achieved, second one when level 2 is also reached,
Now I have to have a look at the vibrations... Motors and rotors are seperately without any vibration, but in flight I notive a lot of vibrations. Perhaps the frame, or can a fine tuning if the PID values change things?
Best to make a video and a new thread?
soul4u

Postby Max » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:24 am

The Low Battery Stage X signaling events correspond to the Low Battery Warning settings in QGC Misc. Settings. But there is no way to define the actual blinking pattern except by editing the code.

For vibrations... yes maybe a new thread, with pictures/video and data. Sometimes the ACC graphs (and logs in general) don't really tell the whole story -- how it behaves and sounds in the air is most telling. You can't get rid of vibrations by editing settings, but you can "dampen" AQs response to vibrations (eg. by lowering Tilt Rate D). In general AQ likes a stiff frame and being mounted on rigid standoffs (vs. foam/rubber).

-Max
Max

Return to Connections