[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - CamCruiser reloaded - M4 + Quatos

CamCruiser reloaded - M4 + Quatos

Post your build logs here

Re: CamCruiser reloaded - M4 + Quatos

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:02 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby chschmid » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:45 pm

Lets See.:D
chschmid

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:54 am

Last edited by aBUGSworstnightmare on Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:09 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby LPR » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:52 pm

Joerg

I should have yelled at you when I saw your first video that you must have your motor mix wrong or M4 rotation wrong. Guess how I know what's wrong. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Larry
LPR

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:28 pm

Attachments
CamCruiser_1r0_quad-x_split frame.zip
Current .xml file and related craft parameters
(3.67 KiB) Downloaded 932 times
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:43 pm

Since opening the frame (4 screws on the top plate) to gain access to the M4 microUSB got a 'lil unpractical I decided to add a 'data pump nozzle' to it.
SANY0205.JPG
microUSB to miniUSB adapter cable

SANY0206.JPG
secured to the side with zip tie

It's now possible to access the uSD card data without opening the frame chassis.
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby LPR » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:20 pm

Joerg

I'm doing the same type of thing on my M4 quad for USB connection.

Using the knobs are the only way to tune while flying and I find that tuning while flying is the only good way to tune.

My method is to set the channels with the knobs to only move from -500 to 500. Then after you find a good setting for AM1 and AM2 I look at the position of the knob and find the percentage of change the knob has changed the parameter it's adjusting. Then I add or subtract that percentage to the parameter.

Larry
LPR

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:37 pm

Hi Larry,

since this was the first time flying it I did all 'dialing' on the ground. The log for what you cab see in the video is here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bo70nhgekm4g ... Lt5za?dl=0

Will adjust the throttle factor first (better one should be 0.7669 instead of 0.7) first, then see what the Prop_K1 is (taking the dialed value into account already), reduce gain and then start to tune in flight. Will make a video of it; maybe I could make a nice educational video of it (at least if I know how to tune it).

As far as I know the Quatos values can be displayed in the Android app; will need to figure out.

How to analyze the xx-QUAT.log files???

Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:05 pm

Hi,

made the 2nd flight today. Quatos parameters were tuned in flight. Starting values were quite good, only little tuning needed. Will have to check the dialed parameters later.

Here's the video. What do you think? What to test or change?

Things I want to have changed (if possible):
- Sound of motors --> what to change to reduce the twitching?
- I like faster crafts --> I expect the QUATOS NAV PIDs will have to be changed, right? So, YAW needs to be faster and speed needs to be higher. Please give me some tips how to achieve.
- Changed Throttle Factor based on log from 1st flight. Since I changed L1_K1 a little by knob it needs to be readjusted.
- Anything else to look for???
Thanks all of you who helped to make it flying!
Next is to fly it in an open field, also with GoPro attached. One note on the video: used the FAIR P-Ion with the Nanotech data in the .xml-file --> it seems to adapt quite good to load/config changes 8-)
Will further work on the craft and post the final settings/config/ESC32 files etc. in one of the next posts for your reference.
Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare
aBUGSworstnightmare

PreviousNext

Return to Build Logs