Non Quatos Build Problem

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: Non Quatos Build Problem

Postby LPR » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:02 am

Luke

I know it's a bit confusing but with Quatos the PIDs for rate and tilt do not work. If you want to change the tilt rate you need to do it in Quatos.

With QUATOS_M_TLT_RT and QUATOS_M_YAW_RT you can change your tame quad and make it wild or timid. The values are in radians / second. One radian = 57 degrees.

If you want to increase the amount of tilt you can change the change the pitch and roll scale factors on the config page of the QGC.

Have fun.

Larry
LPR

Postby pilotnbr1 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:52 am

Thanks for the info Larry! I'll have to try playing with those settings when I get a chance. I guess the perceived improvement due to the pid change was all in my head! :lol:

Any idea why a motor would get stuck on? After shutdown it kept turning even after the power switch was turned off. It then wouldnt boot- just sat there with the red light on. Finally started booting after multiple attempts. Now all 4 motors spin at a very low rpm when throttle is advanced and will not spin up. I tried reloading all parameters and no change... Contemplating reflashing the firmware.
pilotnbr1

Postby LPR » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:32 am

Luke

I've had a number of strange behaviors and I usually find they were caused by something is I did.

No License can cause the motors to just turn slowly or not at all. Check to make sure you have the right Quatos license number is installed. You will find it's on the label that came with the M4 and you can also get it online.

Larry
LPR

Postby pilotnbr1 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:43 am

Yes I double checked the quatos key- I have the correct one in there. I will have to investigate all of that further when I get home and can play with it. Thanks for all the info!

Luke
pilotnbr1

Previous

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller