[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Range of the receiver on the AQm4 FC ver2 rev6

Range of the receiver on the AQm4 FC ver2 rev6

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Range of the receiver on the AQm4 FC ver2 rev6

Postby gredeby » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:53 am

Hi.
I,m sorry if this have been asked for before.
Is the range of the RX the same as Spektrum sattelite? Worse or better?

Regards gredeby
gredeby

Re: Range of the receiver on the AQm4 FC ver2 rev6

Postby gredeby » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:40 pm

Hi , I answer my self. I went out to check the range. I went away and got to stop at a river bed , I came 296 m measured with Laser. I, m very surprised I got so far.
The TX and RX was like 1 m above ground. When I got some time and when it is warmer I will do more range tests.
gredeby
gredeby

Postby DUKE40 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:33 pm

Which TX did you use? This might as well have an impact on the range.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby gredeby » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:35 am

Hi,
I had a Spektrum Dx8. What I want to know is what I can expect in range . I,m satisfied with 300 m I don,t Think I will
fly longer than that.
gredeby
gredeby

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:52 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby gredeby » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:54 am

Thanks for your advice. I Always do set the new home point after I have armed it, otherwise ugly things can happen when you do RTH. :o
gredeby

Postby JussiH » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:22 am

That is actually about the same range as I have been getting LOS on the ground using a DSM2 sat and a Jr X9303 (US version, think its 127mW). EU versions of Spektrum TX´s will be limited to 100mW

In the air the range should increase, but I agree that 300m is more than enough for small crafts.

Thanks for posting!
JussiH

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller