[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Unable to start Onboard Tare and Mag. Calibration

Unable to start Onboard Tare and Mag. Calibration

Static, Dynamic, Log File Analysis, Troubleshooting

Re: Unable to start Onboard Tare and Mag. Calibration

Postby Max » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:13 pm

Pat, what do you mean it went back to default? Default what? But you should see the yellow, green, and blue LEDs go solid... it might be quick but should be noticeable.

It doesn't really matter when you set those inc/dec settings in the flight controller. But the full calibration process using the PC programs might adjust the values slightly, which is why that part of the wiki suggests setting them after the calculations are all done. When doing the onboard calibration, these values should already be set.

-Max
Max

Postby Patnet » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:17 pm

Patnet

Postby Max » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:33 pm

That sounds strange indeed... Can you monitor messages from the FC while you do this? A BT link would be ideal, but you could try w/out one also. If the calibration finishes OK (green starts flashing again), you could then connect via serial/usb cable and try saving via stick commands. Then you can also try saving the calibration via the QGC buttons.

Which firmware are you using?

-Max
Max

Postby Patnet » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:43 pm

I'm going to try the magnetic calibration and then come back inside to save using the PC. How far do you think I need to be from metal--like chain-link fence and rebar? The wiki isn't specific. Also, there were sun spots yesterday and I was on the top of a mountain--dunno if that had anything to do with it, but it's happened before though.

Is there a factory reset via sticks? I was thinking maybe I had my Yaw reversed or something and was inadvertently calling the reset?

I'm on AQ FW ver: 7.0 - BETA rev442 b1848, HW ver: 8 rev6
Patnet

Postby Max » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:49 pm

Sunspots, that was probably it! :) As for distance... a couple meters? Just don't stand next to the fence :)

There's no reset via sticks command. There is a possibility that the FC code is crashing and restarting, though why that would load factory defaults, I don't know. You do "save to permanent memory" after uploading/saving params from the PC, right?

-Max
Max

Postby Patnet » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:54 pm

Yes, always save to FC. I'll report back if I replicate the error, otherwise will move on and put it down to stray RF or something. Getting closer to a sucessful flight now. If I can keep the frame from disintegrating in the wobble crashes till I get the config right, then I'll have a good bird here.
Patnet

Postby Patnet » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:07 am

Couple more quick questions: Does the Heads Up display show true north or magnetic north? Mine shows EDIT: magnetic north, not true. Is that right? And also, in the telemetry, the wiki says that the MAG Magnitude should be around 2.0, mine is 2.3-2.6 depending on orientation. Does that matter?

Otherwise unable to store calibration in the field with sticks. It just won't take, I get short flashes from the LEDs and major on-back flipping when launching/taking off. I have to store it with the software.
Patnet

Postby LPR » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:39 pm

Sounds like you have the board flipped. Which board are you using, AQ6 or M4?

Larry
LPR

Postby Patnet » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:45 pm

Hi Larry, M4V2. yes, it's flipped so the expansion headers are on top and the USB port is on the left/port side. IMU Rot is -90 and IMU Flip is 1 in the params. MAG has taken with QGC OK, but not sticks. Dealing with PIDs right now due to wobbles.
Patnet

Postby LPR » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:19 am

Are you using Quatos. Quatos is easier to tune and you will have less problems with vibrations.

Have a look at the HUD while you do a Tare and watch the tilt you get. A photo of your quad might help make sense of the problem your having.

Larry
LPR

PreviousNext

Return to Calibration