[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Bluetooth connection problem

Bluetooth connection problem

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Bluetooth connection problem

Postby soul4u » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:44 pm

Hi everybody,

with the FTDI cable I can connect the Autoquad6 to the computer without problems.

Now I tried with bluetooth. The modul is connected with Autoquad6 and is seen by the computer.
Also the modul is shown as a device, but I can get no connection.

bluetooth1.jpg
bluetooth1.jpg (210.3 KiB) Viewed 25056 times

bluetooth2.jpg

bluetooth3.jpg
bluetooth3.jpg (209.56 KiB) Viewed 25056 times
soul4u

Re: Bluetooth connection problem

Postby plexus » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:04 pm

Hi
Have you tried to cross the RX/TX on your ftdi cable ?
Alain
plexus

Postby JussiH » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:34 pm

When you bind the module to the PC, it creates 2 COM ports. Usually its the Higher (outgoing) port number you need to use.

Otherwise, do what Alain suggest
JussiH

Postby soul4u » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:43 pm

Hi Alain, hi Jussi,

thanks for the quick reply.

I have checked the TX/RX and if I change them, the Communication console will not show "Link serial port COM6 connected. "
So this is already the right connection.
Com port 4 and 6 are offered.
I tried with both ports.
In the communication console its said "connected", but in the top line inside the red box its "NOT CONNECTED" and in the bottom line
"AutoQuad Firmware Version:[not connected]"
No reaction!
I have no idea what else can be checked?
soul4u

Postby Max » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:11 pm

Try re-pairing the module in Windows. It should ask you for a password/key (usually 0000 or 1234). I've seen this happen on my Win8 machine, where it doesn't always ask for the pswd and then the connection doesn't actually work (even though the COM ports appear). Re-pairing seems to fix it.

The two COM ports are a pain, especially once you have paired with a few different BT modules. I can never keep them straight. There's a hack to rename the COM ports to whatever you want... registry editing involved! http://www.eightforums.com/customizatio ... nager.html

-Max
Max

Postby soul4u » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:25 pm

Hi Max, yes, I know exactly what you mean. I deleted all other modules and re-paired the bluetooth connection, but the effect is the same.
The same module works fine with Alex Mos Boards, therefore I dont think its a problem of the bluetooth.
soul4u

Postby soul4u » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:48 pm

Ok, so I wanted to be sure that the bluetooth module is not the problem.
Today I got these 433 MHz moduls

433mhz.JPG

Both moduls are steady green and blinking red ...shown as connected...but stil no reaction with the hud or telemetry....I have no more ideas what can be done. This looks like a general problem in the settings of the control station..can somebody with a working unit please check the settings in the pic?

aq6_telemetrie.jpg

Thanks for any help!
soul4u

Postby Max » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:07 pm

How are you hooking these up to AQ? Photo/diagram?

Basically what you see in QGC is that you have the COM port open but it's not talking to AQ via Mavlink. It should just work, so obviously something isn't connected right.

You have to configure the 3DR radios before they'll work properly. For one thing, the baud rates probably don't match by default.

IIRC, the BT module also has to match baud rates with what AQ is sending (115200 by default). Might be different for the gimbal board or whatever you had that working with previously.

You can access a COM port with the wrong baud rate and other settings, and it will appear to be connected, but the data is unreadable. I'm 99% sure that's what is going on here.

-Max
Max

Postby soul4u » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:56 pm

Ok, so first the connection to the AQ6:

hookup.jpg

I reduced on both modules the baud rate to 57600, Flow control inactiv, Parity none, Data bits 8, Stop bits 1.

settings_modul.jpg

What I also dont understand is that a communication is shown?

kb_s.jpg
soul4u

Postby Max » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:38 pm

The baud rate setting for your CP2102 in device manager is meaningless. Whatever you specify in QGC settings is actually used.

With a BT module or the 3DR radio you have to configure it to match the AQ baud rate (115200 by default). The module is talking to AQ, not your computer. On the computer you set the baud rate at which the computer talks to the module/radio.

There IS communication going on, it is just at the wrong settings which is why you are not getting any actual data being recognized by QGC. I'm not sure how else to explain this.

The wiring looks correct.

-Max
Max

Next

Return to Connections