[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - BT connection problem

BT connection problem

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Re: BT connection problem

Postby bluuu » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:16 pm

AQ telemetry and GCS and BT connection consume much of CPU power. If your Smartphone is high loaded of apps (antivir ?) it can cause connection breaking.
bluuu

Postby Altix » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:02 pm

Thanks bluuu for your comment, but I am not sure, this is the reason. Usually, a powered BT module shows a rapidly flashing red LED. With an established connection to a PC or smartphone, this LED turns into solid red. If the connection gets terminated (for what reason ever), the LED starts flashing again (which is at least my experience so far), because it is still powered. In my case, the LED turns completly off until I disconnect and reconnect the main LiPo. So the lost connection seems to be the result of something else, that also turned the LED off.

In other words: in case a CPU overload in the smartphone caused the termination of the BT connection, shouldn't the BT module then still blink?
Regards, Michael
Altix

Postby Altix » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:44 pm

Just one further observation: as long as I keep the copter armed on the ground, the BT modules are still working. When increasing throttle, the LED turns off. This happens regardless, if a connection to any GCS (PC or app) existed or not. This makes PID tuning a bit annoying, as I have to unplug and replug the LiPo each and every time.
Regards, Michael
Altix

Postby bluuu » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:49 pm

It's seems to be a voltage drop. But where ...
bluuu

Postby Altix » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:24 pm

Regards, Michael
Altix

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:33 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Altix » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:30 am

I didn't have the time to do more than a short test yesterday. Using a 2S LiPo instead of a 3S one gave the same results. So I have to check the wires to the PDB. There are no other things connected to the expansion board than the BT module, the ESCs and the M4 controller.
Regards, Michael
Altix

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:17 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Altix » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:36 am

Hi Jörg, I have tested it with two different modules with the same results. So I'm pretty sure, its not the module itself causing the problems. What I could do besides checking the wiring is to change your board as I have a second spare one. But let me check the wiring first. I have one of the Flyduino PDBs in place and I'm not sure, I soldered everything correctly. This PDB is a bit tricky.
Regards, Michael
Altix

Postby Altix » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:02 pm

OK, now I feel a bit lost in cyberspace... I have checked the soldering of the power connection cable from the PDB to the expansion board, that is OK. The second board shows the same effect, so most probably the expansion board is not the reason for the trouble too. The only thing left is the connection cable from the expansion board to the BT module. I'll check that tomorrow.
Regards, Michael
Altix

PreviousNext

Return to Connections