[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - ESC32 - signal to ground short

ESC32 - signal to ground short

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

ESC32 - signal to ground short

Postby axelnied » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:55 am

I am trying to use one of my older ESC32s that had seen some usage and was part of my learning curve. About a year ago they worked fine (last time I used them). After dusting them off I was not able to arm via PWM, but via 5V FTDI I can read/write/arm/spin/unarm. After some testing I found a short from the signal pad to ground (during some earlier testing a couple of years back I ripped off the 5V PWM pad that I was able to bypass successfully). I would purchase a new one, but they are out-of-stock...

What I would like to know if anyone can point into the right direction. I am trying to follow the "leads", to see if I can find the short:
I can see that a lead from the PWM signal pad goes to a via-hole (between the "P" and the "W"), that goes to the other side, to the opposite via-hole right next to the ground of the FTDI. But from there I do not see the lead go anywhere.

Can anyone assist?

IMG_6651.JPG
PWM Signal Pad (please IGNORE the missing 5V PWM pad, this is not part of the issue)

IMG_6652.JPG
Via hole next to FTDI ground
axelnied

Re: ESC32 - signal to ground short

Postby Kisssys » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:50 am

It goes from that via on an inside layer to Pin 29 of the IC. My experience has shown that shorts are usually to the little ground trace around that pwm pad. You may have blown the input of the IC.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Re: ESC32 - signal to ground short

Postby axelnied » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:39 am

Thanks for your answer...
Anyone has some ESC32 for sale? Tired of wasting my time on errors I made 2 years ago...
axelnied

Return to ESC32