[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - M4v2 red LED solid, no other LEDs

M4v2 red LED solid, no other LEDs

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

M4v2 red LED solid, no other LEDs

Postby axelnied » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:03 am

Hi All,

I was successfully testing the M4v2 (R26 was already removed).
After some successful testing only the red LED stayed on, and all other LEDs (yellow flimmer, blue flimmer, green blinking) turned off. I was not able to connect it to the QGCS anymore. Flashing was not possible (="Failed to start").

I was pretty careful not create any shorts. Board was power via a 5V UBEC on VUSB as instructed. When I now connect USB, only the red light would turn on...

How to I re-animate the board?
axelnied

Re: M4v2 red LED solid, no other LEDs

Postby axelnied » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:27 am

I forgot to mention that I was not able to enter boot mode.
I an powering via an FTDI with 3.3V, but when holding the boot botton and then pressing the power button, the red light turns on, but nothing else (yellow and blue not dim).
axelnied

Postby Mullet » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:49 am

Have you tried powering the M4 with a Micro USB cable? not FTDI cable. It sounds like the board is not getting enough power to boot up.
Mullet

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:54 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby axelnied » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:17 am

Unfortunately I do not have a 1S LiPo, that's why I used the 3.3V from the FTDI... 3.3V vs 3.6V should be okay!?

When connected I am able to turn the board on/off with the switch.
When initially connected to 3.3V and holding the BOOT button and then turning it on, it does not seem to get into boot mode.

Edit: added picture
Attachments
IMG_6643.JPG
axelnied

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:38 am

Attachments
SANY0147.JPG
2S balancer plug
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby axelnied » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:44 am

I am aware of the 4.5v on motor connection and 5.0v on VUSB. I was debugging Spektrum connection when the light went out. U.fl connected and making changes to the software. is it possible is somehow fried the processor?
axelnied

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:52 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby axelnied » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:01 am

I followed your instructions to connect via the balancer... by "debugging" in meant trying to get it to work. sorry nothing -fancy- here in my end. I am a mechanical engineer, not software engineer ;-)
axelnied

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:42 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Next

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller