[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - M4 swarm

M4 swarm

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: M4 swarm

Postby r0sewhite » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:01 pm

Had to be patient because the local hobby shop was running out of XT30 plugs and I didn't order from the internet soon enough. Tomorrow I should have some to finish my job.

Somehow it reminds me to a Star Wars droid army:
r0sewhite

Postby kinderkram » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:39 pm

Yah, they look like a fleet in attack formation. :twisted:
kinderkram

Postby sandmen » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:44 am

sandmen

Postby Kisssys » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:01 pm

The one that I have that doesn't fly well has Afro ESC12's with SimonK and Sunnysky motors. I found my Afro's do much better with BLheli code and hope to test it again in a day or so.

Both machines with KISS 18a's fly very well with Menno's code.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby Kisssys » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:34 pm

It would only take a few minutes to try the 250 X quad parameters I've attached with Menno's AutoQuad 7 + Native HoTT for M4v2 Quatos - Version r445. I've edited out parameters that would most likely apply to only your installation like radio, IMU_ROT and FLIP.
Attachments
250Xquad.txt
(9.39 KiB) Downloaded 809 times
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby r0sewhite » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:23 am

Thanks, Steve. I will test it. :)

Peter, I have built 11 ones so we already have our test copter. If you want to build your own one, you can pick up a frame anytime. I just want you to know that there is no need to build one because you can get mine/ours whenever you want.

Btw: What about flying next week?
r0sewhite

Postby Kisssys » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:41 am

Well I solved my problem with the Warpquad type frame and the Afro ESC's. I put Blheli code instead of SimonK and set them for lightly damped. That made it fly very well except when I gave it full throttle it would flip. I ended up putting 470uf caps on each ESC and now it will tolerate the full throttle with no issues. It was flown with the parameters posted.
20150219_213225[1].jpg
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby Kisssys » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:10 pm

A little video with why I think Quatos would be better. 380 grams AUW with a 115 gram battery.
[youtube]/watch?v=P_3UEypXtTU&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby r0sewhite » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:59 pm

I did some battery tests today with my Saphira. PIDs have been tuned for a standard 2S Lipo so the quad sounded quite twitchy with the 3S Lipo. But the power was nice. ;)

After that I flew a 2S Li-Ion with 2300mAh and a max. discharge power of 20A. Though not powerful enough for races, it was good enough for sportive flights and the flight time is amazing: 17 minutes with a battery with the size and weight of a 2S 1250mAh Lipo:

r0sewhite

Postby kinderkram » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:50 pm

Looks smooth and agile on 2s. 8-)

And flight time is stunning. Good find!
Wasn´t aware those Li-ions got that compact - they even look smaller and lighter than the Lipo.
kinderkram

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller