[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - M4 - what is it, what can it do?

M4 - what is it, what can it do?

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: M4 - what is it, what can it do?

Postby axelnied » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:39 pm

I am setting up the M4 and was working on the GPS... I have the 15db 10mm Taoglas, where I replaced the (very) short u.fl connector with a longer cable to be able to mount it somewhere useful. I carefully tested signal and ground connections, so I am fairly confident I didn't screw anything up.

Unfortunately it can not get a lock with the GPS. I used the 35mm version from the AQ6 and it aquired a 3d fix within 20sec. So the M4 is working ok.

Q1: I replacing the cable an issue?
Q2: How can I test if the Taoglas is working to find out a potential issue with the HW?
Q3: Are there specific software settings i can change (baud rate) to promote a lock?

Any advice is appreciated...
Axel
axelnied

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:07 pm

Attachments
ucenter.png
uBlox u-Center connected directly to M4r5 (@1200baud, ublox7 series)
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby axelnied » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:29 pm

Thanks for explaining, I was wondering how to connect the GPS to the u-blox software... I will test and report back.
axelnied

Postby kinderkram » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:04 am

Hmmm, the info about the UBlox tool is 3 times in the Wiki.
Made it even more prominent now...
kinderkram

Postby axelnied » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:31 pm

I was able to connect the M4v2 to the uBlox tool. While the 35mm GPS delivered instant communication, the 10mm Taoglas had issues receiving hardly anything.

I believe the G1, G2, G3's are the GPS (US), while the R? are the GLASNOSS (there was a Russian Flag next to it :o ). The Taoglass (with my extended u.fl cable) only occasionally received signals on R?, and never on any of the G-satellites. I waited and observed for about 30minutes. No Lock was available...

While I carefully tested for "short" signal to ground, on the cable itself, but I also tested the connection (continuity) from the u-Blox pins to the solder-points on the Taoglas. All seemed fine. I will unsolder the bottom plate again and see if I can provide some images. If anyone has some more testing procedures?

Norbert,

Well the thing is, if you don't know about such tool, you won't look for it ;-)

Axel
axelnied

Postby Kisssys » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:34 pm

Did the patch work before changing the cable?

Try it without the shield in place.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby axelnied » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:53 pm

THAT would have been a very smart idea, that I did not think of...! :shock:
Unfortunately I did not test the patch prior to resoldering it! I know, kinda stupid...
Well, good for Jussi, since another order coming his way...
axelnied

Postby Kisssys » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:48 pm

Bummer, I've changed the cable on a number of them for the same reason. I'm successful most of the time but I have a couple that look fine but don't work even after multiple try's. Thats' with all sizes by the way.
Last edited by Kisssys on Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:39 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby axelnied » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:24 am

Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-02-18 at 24.09.17 .png
axelnied

PreviousNext