[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Need altitude tuning help.

Need altitude tuning help.

The last Bastion to fine tune your FC matching your airframe & setup

Need altitude tuning help.

Postby importon » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:15 am

I can't tell if what is happening here is classified as "AQ violently jumps up and down in position hold – high frequency." or "AQ violently jumps up and down in position hold – low frequency". Or perhaps it's something else.
Basically I'm stumped on which value to adjust to try and correct this.
Please see video, but more importantly listen to the audio.
you should hear a rhythmic revving of the throttle about once or twice every second to try and maintain height.
http://youtu.be/rLt5N1lehdw?t=37s
(alt hold engaged at :37 until end)
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sorry I forgot to plug in the SD card on this flight so no log file :?
importon

Re: Need altitude tuning help.

Postby chschmid » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:00 pm

Have a look here.
Maybe the behaviour you describe is similar.
Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby LPR » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:55 pm

Here's is some more information on Navi altitude control.

http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/configuri ... on-tuning/

Larry
LPR

Postby importon » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:20 am

Thanks for the help!
and sorry for the delay. got caught up with work and needed to put aq tuning on hold for a min.

So I have got the altitude hold working fairly smooth right now when the copter is hovering, but if I do some forward flight and then come to a stop/hover again the hold will drift up or down by about 4 to 7 feet and then return closer to the desired altitude.

I have tried many combinations of pid settings but cannot seem to get rid of the problem without creating another problem.

I do have a piece of soft breathable foam over the baro or the DIMU.

Any suggestions for settings to increase or decrease?

Also the ascending and descending speed when I give stick input is very slow for me. If I give it full throttle it climbs much slower than I would expect.
Will increasing "max decent rate" make it ascend/descend faster?

Thank you for your valuable help!
importon

Postby Max » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:43 am

Max

Postby importon » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:48 pm

Thanks for the reply Max.

I'm using the aq6 board v2 with DIMU. I have done the full freeze/thaw + calibso calibration. The logfiles looked good and the calculations seemed to go good as well.
Do you think I should try TARE as well? Will that mess up all my settings?
importon

Postby Max » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:22 pm

Sure, tare only takes a second (once you level your MR), so it can't hurt. Save all your current onboard parameters to a file, which will preserve the current calibration data. You can also simply upload the generated parameters (from your full calibration) again if the tare doesn't improve things.

I'd still check the ACC Magnitude, before and after the tare. http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/configuri ... -influence

-Max
Max

Postby importon » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:58 am

thanks again. I'm just reading that wiki page you sent me to and I can't find anything on there about baro sensor. Are you saying that my altitude hold problem is not from the baro but from the ACC and MAG?
importon

Postby Max » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:12 am

Max

Postby importon » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:02 am

gotcha.
Will do some testing and report back.
Thanks again!
importon

Return to PID Tuning