[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AutoQuad native Graupner HoTT telemetry (update jan 2015)

AutoQuad native Graupner HoTT telemetry (update jan 2015)

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Re: AutoQuad native Graupner HoTT telemetry (update jan 2015

Postby joebar.rc » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:59 pm

Hi James,
The pin layout is on the wiki page:
http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/m4-microc ... onnection/

Basically for hott com 1: you need pin J2-9 (HoTT is using half duplex TX line only) or for com 3: pin J2-10.
Please note that in most default cases pin J2-10 (PC6) is mapped for using on a PWM line for external esc's.
In the case of using a bluetooth module AND HoTT telemetry you need a remapped FW, I use that obviously :) but that is so depending on the expansion board that one is using that I cant anticipate that right now.

Resistors are always a good idea, I have a 100ohm in line.

I made this tiny board that only holds com1 and 3 for direct attach of the HoTT receiver. Working great in small frames like the ladybird.
m4comp.png
m4comp.png (9.06 KiB) Viewed 27664 times
joebar.rc

Postby joebar.rc » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:02 pm

Last edited by joebar.rc on Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joebar.rc

Postby kinderkram » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:05 pm

kinderkram

Postby joebar.rc » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:10 pm

Yep, thats right but luckily any orientation is supported. For the absolute smallest nano you need spectrum anyway so if you go the alternative receiver path your DIY-ARF already :)
joebar.rc

Postby Jdmagoo » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:28 am

Jdmagoo

Postby teramax » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:29 pm

Menno Hy

I am probably the last dinosaur in the AQ Team using PID instead Quatos and using AQ6 boards instead M4 :D
Flashed autoquad_hott_dimu_r445_aq6r1.zip used parameters from last successful flight but motors wont start (KISS wont arm).

Same behaviour like when you use a Quatos FW without a license key.
Anyone else discovered this issue?

I meanwhile asked Srinath for a Key to confirm.
Will keep you updated.

Marcus

EDIT: importing parameters from r429 messed up the MOT_FRAME parameter while MOT_PWRD_ were imported correct?
Working now and going testflying.

EDIT 2: again awesome job Menno
Last edited by teramax on Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
somehow everything can fly
teramax

Postby kinderkram » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:03 pm

Yes, others reported similar problems here:
http://fpv-community.de/showthread.php? ... m-AQ/page8
It obviously doesn´t save throttle settings and motor mixes.
kinderkram

Postby joebar.rc » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:47 pm

Hmm, did not test import params from older versions on the Aq6 It is basically the repo r445 + extra's.
It seems related to the params because I fly the same version as on the download site only with in-compiled params.

Will check and report back.. Strange..
joebar.rc

Postby kinderkram » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:04 pm

Menno, since we now have the possibility only loading portions of the parameters you could offer just the nessecary MOT ones to see if they get stored appropriately.
kinderkram

Postby joebar.rc » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:14 pm

I cannot simulate the error myself;

What I did: I downloaded a r429 hott from the ftp site. Flashed my aq6r1 dimu 11. Entered the mixing, some changes in params like throttle etc, channels and saved that param file. Check if motors did run (kiss esc's, PID)
I downloaded a r445 hott from the ftp site, flashed and see if it worked.
Did load the r429 param file, see if the throttle, mixing etc are retrieved. Save to perm memory. Removed the power and power back on.
Everything what was in the r429 param file was retrieved after the boot, full working r445 with mixing, throttle setting etc.
All motors did run.

Did do this 3 times, even wend back to a r403 hex file and params from r403 to r445. Al was retrieved saved and kept after reboot.

BTW, the motor frame is calculated by the QGCS, so that one I dont have any control over.

Is this different than you did experience or test?, I dont see an error on my side so if there is guide me in finding the root cause..
An idea could be to attach a 'faulty' param file so I can test it..
joebar.rc

PreviousNext

Return to Connections